Carby Gas line completely empty after storing bike for 3 days (Petcock off)

Aikaru

Local time
6:13 AM
Obviously this is a sign of a leak...I think I know what caused it but I need ya'lls opinion...
On the little cable adjustment thing at the top of the carb, I had set it to be unscrewed as much as possible, pulling the cable up.
I assume it evaporated and leaked out of the carb because the needle was constantly out of the little hole?
There was oil (no gas) all on the bottom of the outside of the float and in the air filter after I found out the gas line was bone dry and stiff.

Just make sure you turn off the petcock. Mine does that too, even with pumper carbs. Nothing to worry bout. I just empty the bowl and put the clean out screw back in and refill the line, and off I go for fun.

Just make sure you turn off the petcock. Mine does that too, even with pumper carbs. Nothing to worry bout. I just empty the bowl and put the clean out screw back in and refill the line, and off I go for fun.
It's always off when I'm not riding it. Also what is the clean out screw? And what do you mean by refill the line?

It's always off when I'm not riding it. Also what is the clean out screw? And what do you mean by refill the line?
The screw on the bottom of the float bowl. Its for cleaning out dirt in the bowl and emptying it for storage. I take the line off the carb, put my thumb on the end, then crack the petcock open and slowly let the air out of the line. Then hook it back up to the carb as fast as i can, so I'm not spilling to much gas. Beats waiting for gravity to do it. And takes most the air from the line. If you do it right you leave a tiny bubble of air in the filter and that it.

I ride mainly weekends, my fuels lines are always empty when I pull them out. Plus I have so many bikes I can't ride them all the same week, lol. So usually they go completely dry before I can get back to them to ride. I don't bother cleaning out the bowls normally, just the gas line trick I talked about above. Smokes a little when first starting because the extra oil, but doesn't hurt anything. An extra oil at start up I see as a helper, lol.

Back