Gas Scooter Project

So I recently acquired a McCulloch ProMac 32 CC engine, and I am wanting to mount it on a razor E300 electric scooter a friend gave me. What would be the best setup to go with for this project? I would like to get over 25-30 MPH on it, if its possible.

Thanks for the help!

what kind of motor is it that you have, chainsaw or weedeater?

friction drive might be the best bet to keep things simple IMO. i have a goped that i bolted a LEHR propane engine to.

5621014f.jpg

please excuse the appearance of it. its a bit rough but it still runs like a top. ive been able to get it up to 25 mph with a few mods like long runner intake manifold, exhaust, and non-rev limited coil from a Zenoah engine running a 0.850 inch spindle. but my motor is only 25cc. i have no doubts youll hit your target speed without any issues with a 32cc motor:D

Use the existing chain+sprockets. They're already a fine ratio for a gas engine and 25-30mph. Take the small sprocket off the electric motor and attach that on your engine. I did this on a razor 350watt dirt bike.

what kind of motor is it that you have, chainsaw or weedeater?

friction drive might be the best bet to keep things simple IMO. i have a goped that i bolted a LEHR propane engine to.

5621014f.jpg

please excuse the appearance of it. its a bit rough but it still runs like a top. ive been able to get it up to 25 mph with a few mods like long runner intake manifold, exhaust, and non-rev limited coil from a Zenoah engine running a 0.850 inch spindle. but my motor is only 25cc. i have no doubts youll hit your target speed without any issues with a 32cc motor:D

They made a Pro-Ped stock from Goped that had a lehr propane motor. The deck was in the shape of a leaf LOL. But it was a GSR chain drive. They are really the same as a robin Subaru eho25 with a propane carb.

At OP yes friction is the easy way but an actuall ridable scoot or bike needs a manual or centrifugal clutch so it doesn't die at a stop and u can use the power to accelerate from a standing start. I love my OG goped sports and bigfoots but its more of a toy than reliable wheels for an adult unless it has an ADA clutch and more power then were moving some people, but hard tires are hell on my body so I stick with air tires, suspension is nice on my hybrid custom Axel mount bike. 50+ is fun, I hate it though I need disk brakes soooo bad! My avatar bike "with all the goodies" was my first build and it was stolen, I'm reduced to a free wally world bike. Quality on what your starting with is key to a good result.

Back