Gas Tank Discussion- especially RackMounted

Very useful site!! Besides having to fuel often, I must lay my bike down on it's left side in order to fuel up and using 220z fuel bottles for spares, I have to carry a funnel as well. No biggie but one of those 7qt tanks would make my already enjoyable ride a pure, hassle-free joy. Thanks for the link!

Too simple?

Assuming 2 tanks are gravity fed and mounted at the same relative height ( not cascading) why couldn't a T valve or Y valve be used on the fuel line?
Both caps can remain vented and a single valve shuts off the flow from both tanks. Problems?

I don't know if I follow what exactly you mean; kind of hard to get my head around it. Do you mean to go to the existing tank or to the carburetor with those auxiliary tanks?

gas tank routing

Perhaps this is what is meant. See attached drawing.

On the other hand, I'd planned on purchase of an engine without the stock fuel tank. That would permit a slightly lower - and more compact - mounting.

Attachments

• gas_tank_routing.jpeg
    gas_tank_routing.jpeg
    11.3 KB · Views: 321
Last edited by a moderator:
In that GEBE modification thread, the guy from Ohio had a brace between seat and engine, a perfect place/combined with frame-mounting, to hook up a bigger tank for the 4 cycles.

5. Jay in Ohio- rack behind seat with brace
http://www.bikeengines.com/jaytest.htm

When you look at that Honda thread, where the tank is on top of the engine, that would give you an idea as to the size of a convenient fillup system....

how's this for extended range? thanks for all the good info on how to do this...run a line from the pre-installed fitting, plug the venting cap, vent the gas can cap, done! well, not done yet, but i'm going shopping for fuel line later today after i finish the tank mounting. dennis assures me the carb will pull it that far, providing i use small line.

MVC-774F.JPG

understood...i wasn't trying to rub it in, i only meant to show that the GEBE riders are helping the newb out just fine.

Augi ??? Can we trust you to have that big of a fuel tank? You might fill up and never come back! :LOL: :p

Papa

Good one Augi, that'll do it! Guess you could go for an extended trip with that tank. So, you still lovin' your new system bro?

Back