Gas Tank Mounting Brackets - Out of stock?

yuckfoo

Local time
3:02 PM
I am looking for two more gas tank mounting brackets. bikeberry is currently out of stock except for an extra wide version. I find nothing on ebay or amazon. gasbikes.net didn't seem to sell them. Any ideas?

You might try 'U' shaped pipe hanger straps (carried at most hardware stores).
PipeHangerStraps.jpg

I am looking for two more gas tank mounting brackets. bikeberry is currently out of stock except for an extra wide version. I find nothing on ebay or amazon. gasbikes.net didn't seem to sell them. Any ideas?
You might try 'U' shaped pipe hanger straps (carried at most hardware stores). View attachment 156261
You can also make your own quite easily from "plumbers strapping"...DAMIEN

The electrical section at most hardware stores has rubber lined U brackets

Be careful tightening down those nuts. It's been known you can pull the studs out of the tank if the weld job is sub par. When it starts leaking you've got a real issue. Remember where they're made.

Be careful tightening down those nuts. It's been known you can pull the studs out of the tank if the weld job is sub par. When it starts leaking you've got a real issue. Remember where they're made.
Yes this is why I need two more brackets. I'm doing a mod I saw in a video that corrects for this very issue.

The electrical section at most hardware stores has rubber lined U brackets
I have some rubber lined brackets that I was intending to use but they are two big. I just bought a map torch to bend my exhaust though, and I will use this to reshape them, then cut and drill a new hole on one end.

but they are two big
Yes, I had a feeling that a U bracket with holes spaced wide enough would be too big to clamp to the top tube. I brought one of my tank brackets with me today so I can try matching it to whatever hardware I might find (it's worth a try). Fortunately, I do have a pair of tank mounting straps.

Back