Gas tank options

shawnshank

Local time
12:32 PM
I'm looking for suggestions for an alternative gas tank. I don't care for the one that comes with the kits most people are using (small black teardrop). Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Possibly something that can be mounted on a rear rack.
I saw in the image gallery that someone has what looks like an oil can under their seat and I sent them a Pm but haven't heard back.
Images would be helpful.

k - guess I'll toss mine in for something different.
I couldn't stand the look of the tear drop tank. To me, it just ruined the entire look of the bike. So with a little creative ingenuity, I came up with this.

lawn mower gas tank
5.99 walmart beverage container w/ expandable top.
7.99 for the pepcock valve.

pic's pretty much say it all.

Like I said, something different - but I can store all my tools and take my lunch to work with me without any problems:D

some pics were in the build process. last pic is current.

Curious to see what you wind up doing.

Troy Fitz.

Attachments

• 100_2110.jpg
    100_2110.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 572
  • 100_2111.jpg
    100_2111.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 570
  • Troy's bike file_48.jpg
    Troy's bike file_48.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 489
Carrot...

Very slick thinking on your part with hiding the lawnmower tank inside of that bag!

Simple, creative, and if on a long ride, the ability of running two side by side tanks as well!

k - guess I'll toss mine in for something different.
I couldn't stand the look of the tear drop tank. To me, it just ruined the entire look of the bike. So with a little creative ingenuity, I came up with this.

lawn mower gas tank
5.99 walmart beverage container w/ expandable top.
7.99 for the pepcock valve.

pic's pretty much say it all.

Like I said, something different - but I can store all my tools and take my lunch to work with me without any problems:D

some pics were in the build process. last pic is current.

Curious to see what you wind up doing.

Troy Fitz.

I like this alot and the plastic tube cover makes it look borg-like :LOL:

Pirate Cycles sells the barrel type. If they are in stock. Expensive, $250 dollars. I forget who it is, but somebody on this site offered to make me one for around $150 dollars and it was constucted better. I'll see if I can find his e-mails in the trash.

Back