Gas tank problem solved

Didn't catch the criticism, just as glad I didn't; nice work Augie and Bill, that's my next mod for sure. This will free up my basket which is full of msr bottles...

cheap/strong gas tank tie down

Looks good. Have you considered using a leather belt to strap your tank down? wrap all the way around or I think better cut it in half and rivet it on the mount just some ideas to run by you.You could get wild or mild with the belt thing.
Norman

Thanks for the belt suggestion. I took your idea and improvised with plastic from a 55 gal plastic drum that contained swimming pool chemicals. I use this plastic for all kinds of projects. Strong stuff it is. With the plastic strap the tank is very secure. With the previous hold down system[bunge cords] the gas tank bounced around like mad and eventually flipped up side down. motorized bike 001.jpg

My wife tells me the same thing. Aint pretty, but get the job done. Gonna follow the modification myself.

Idea for Tank

Why not use PVC?

I believe one can make a filler opening and epoxy in place, perhaps even the top of older tank with cap or MSR bottle...

Outside of that, PVC, it seems to me, is suitable material, will seal fine, you can customize it to your bike frame specs, like length, etc. easy to do and fasten to bike for quick removal as well, using some sort of "flip-locs."

Am thinking of using PVC in combo with high-temp silicon, as small expansion chamber for short muffler for a T-3300.

Back