Gasbike Black Stallion Starting Issues

VicePoultry

Local time
3:46 PM
I recently finished building my Gasbike.net Black Stallion 66/80 2 stroke engine kit. However, I've had problems getting it to actually move. When I let the clutch out (going reasonably fast) the engine fires, runs for about four seconds and then sputters out. It always fires, but only for that short space of time.

I know relatively little about engines, so I'm unsure exactly what the issue is. all of the wires are connected according to what @wan37 advised me to do (in a previous thread i started) and, though i have had problems with wires unhooking, they have never fallen out during the starting process. I followed the instructions for putting all the fuel lines together- the filter is facing the correct way etc.

Can anyone here give me some specific things i should be looking for, some indication of something i've done wrong?

Try starting with choke on rev the Throttle a little then turn choke off or it will die if leave the choke on to long .Once started squeeze the clutch lever first then try above.

shoot a couple of pictures of engine on bike maybe we'll see something wrong.

sorry for the late reply, i didn't see that last msg until yesterday

Attachments

• chain.jpg
    chain.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 118
  • wires.jpg
    wires.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 114
  • carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 102
  • thewholething.jpg
    thewholething.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 107
It might the white wire is putting out some juice.

Put blue to blue and black to black wire.. The kill button doesn't matter how you hook them up

This the post and this is what I said.

Bike Kit Wiring (please help!)
Unwatch
[IMG alt="VicePoultry"]https://motoredbikes.com/data/avatars/m/30/30315.jpg?1583115290[/IMG]
VicePoultry

Mar 1, 2020
I have a bike engine kit from Gasbike.net (their Black Stallion 66/80 two stroke) and installation has gone alright so far except for a missing nut and bolt.
But the wiring has me stumped. there are two wires coming from the kill switch (black and green) and three from the coil (blue, black, and white). There are two receptacle wires (blue and black), each with receptacles for two wires. So one of the wires can't go anywhere, and additionally some of the wires aren't the right size for the receptacles.
In the video (there isn't an instruction manual) the guy just says "put the black with the black and the blue with the blue". Does anyone have experience with this kit? I'm not sure what to do.

Like Reply
[IMG alt="wan37"]https://motoredbikes.com/data/avatars/m/16/16943.jpg?1591416166[/IMG]
wan37

Mar 2, 2020
ok white fold up and tape off. Blue from cdi blue from magneto and green kill switch connect together. Now black from cdi and black from magneto connect together . Ok last one black from kill switch connect to ground.

Report •••
Reactions:Frogslayer and VicePoultry
[IMG alt="VicePoultry"]https://motoredbikes.com/data/avatars/m/30/30315.jpg?1583115290[/IMG]
VicePoultry

Mar 2, 2020
Ok, to clarify:

Get rid of white.
Blue from coil + green from kill switch + blue from magneto
Black from coil + black from magneto
Black from kill switch to ground.

Is that right?

Back