Gasbike build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, this is my first build on a Huffy bike using a Gasbike Silver Slant engine.
Was real pleased with the quality of the kit and so far it runs great but haven`t been able to put many miles on it due to it being winter.

IMG_2167_zps7phb0yz4.jpg

IMG_2172_zpskaxmhsby.jpg

Modified the tensioner.

IMG_2178_zpsc6elk4wn.jpg

IMG_2179_zpsdkhn0vqt.jpg

IMG_2177_zpsxptf7p4z.jpg

Added another fender brace.

IMG_2181_zpsjqmko96h.jpg

Put a carbide light on but don`t think I`ll leave it on.

IMG_2188_zpsyxfik7xp.jpg

Couple runs.

I think it did come with a piece of flimsy metal for a brace, I`ll have to make a better one.
If ya grind the heads off the pins on the link ya want to remove the link will pound out pretty easy with a punch.
Ya I have a shop and been making and messing with engines most of my life.
Thanks for your reples.:)

Thanks Ken that old light has been laying around for over 20 years, it was missing the reservoir on the bottom so we made one.
It has a wick in it and burns kerosene or lantern fuel.
The center stand I just got doesn`t fit this frame so I ordered one of those old styles that mount on the rear axle. cooler anyway.
The Gasbike engine sure seems to run good, starts right up with one kick and no vibration sitting there anyway, hope it holds.
I can stand on the left side and hold the rear wheel off the ground by the seat and kick the pedal and she starts right up.

That is so cool! You are a Master Mechanic sir.
You might have to use it just for looks though . Hard to believe lights like that were all we needed at one time. Not anymore ! If that were your only light come car driver would run you over for sure.
Keep looking up! Ken.

Thanks Ken, yepper just for looks, it might keep ya from running over a skunk. :D

Here is a better way of snow removal . Instead of just moving it into a big pile like that.image.jpg
That HD wouldn't be a shovel head now would it?
Keep looking up! Ken.

Wow you did a lot of modifications. Removed the lower frame tube, replaced the rear fender, I like what you did with the chain tensioner, I had something similar in mind. only made in one piece, with a much larger, stronger toothed pulley on it. The chain will beat that white plastic one to pieces. A "made to motorize" rear wheel with a sprocket for the engine chain already installed on it eliminating the rag joint would be nice. Oh, and a front brake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back