GASBIKE.net and BIKEBERRY same company?? Horrible experience with gasbike (GOOD READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Livingood

Local time
5:38 PM
Well, let me start with my experience with Gasbike.net. Exactly 2 weeks ago I placed 2 separate orders with them totalling almost $300. After 4 days there website still says my orders were not processed so, I sent them an email asking why there website says "not processed" when they advertise that orders ship in 2-3 days. I didn't get a response so the next day I sent another email and also attempted to get somebody on the phone 4 times. After listening to s**tty piano music for about 20 min. each time I got a voice saying "please leave a message" followed by "BEEP" Frustrated, I hung up all 4 times. lol So I then continued to email them throughout the day (about 4 more times) and finally got a response saying "Your order is experiencing some delays please allow 2 business days for processing. So, I did and then checked the website and it still said unfulfilled. I then tried to call them between 10-20 times throughout the day and could never get anybody on the line so I sent them another email explaining how pissed I was and if my order wasn't shipped by the next day I wanted my money back and so on so forth. I then received an email Saying the exact same thing as the first one "your order is experiencing delays blah blah. By this point I'm livid red in the face mad so me and my fiancé tag team trying to call and sitting on hold leaving messages and finally someone answers, Iv'e been listening to piano music so long I thought I was dreaming lol. so I explain my problem, give him my information and BAMM. He says "oh wow I guess it has been 2 week" And I'm thinking "yeah dumbass you think I would send 10-15 emails if had only been a couple days? Anyway, magically my order is ready now and he is shipping it "Priority" for me...whoo hoo that still took 3 days. And (So I was chatting with my local MB dealer/mechanic and I was telling him my experience with gas bike and why I was now buying parts off him when I spent close to $200 on gas bikes website and he tells me that gas bike and bike berry are essentially the same company but because of high volume of orders they had to "branch out" and create another company name and gas bike is basically just a bunch of people who process orders under the "gasbike" name but all the parts are coming from bikeberry's warehouses. Is there any truth to this or was my local MB guy just downgrading online websites so I will come buy my parts from him? (at a 25% or more mark-up from the websites)

you may be on to something, but I'd lean to kingsmotorbikes and gasbike being at least partners if not the same people.
other than this being probably better in "Dealer Reviews", Google searching the truck image off gasbike, turned up it's also used by KMB.
also of note is GB and KMB both are in Cali, and use GoDaddy for hosting their sites, and both have no other registrant info about them unlike BB which is a registered corp. by Jack Lin, with an address listed and different host altogether...

gasbite is 2 out of 3 with me now. they sent a bad engine mount, I wrote, they replied in 2 days with blahblah but didn't exactly tell me to send it back. so I asked where do you want me to send it. 4 days I have not heard back yet:p

you may be on to something, but I'd lean to kingsmotorbikes and gasbike being at least partners if not the same people.
other than this being probably better in "Dealer Reviews", Google searching the truck image off gasbike, turned up it's also used by KMB.
also of note is GB and KMB both are in Cali, and use GoDaddy for hosting their sites, and both have no other registrant info about them unlike BB which is a registered corp. by Jack Lin, with an address listed and different host altogether...

gasbite is 2 out of 3 with me now. they sent a bad engine mount, I wrote, they replied in 2 days with blahblah but didn't exactly tell me to send it back. so I asked where do you want me to send it. 4 days I have not heard back yet:p
Yeah the only way I got anything done was to repeatedly call the 800 number over and over and finally got an answer. as far as the companies, I'm not sure My local MB dealer claims that all those companies are one in the same. unless you find a private person like fred, or zeda motorsports, ext. idk though it would be interesting to know for sure.

But I did notice that gasbike's prices are generally lower than bikeberry that's why I tried them this time and I will never use them again. I will pay the little extra to get good costomer service and fast delivery.

BicycleMotorWorks is decent, at least thru fleabay in my experience. cheapest suppliers not always good in the long run *sigh. I like suppliers for just this one item or 2, that supplier for this other thing, etc. BB just is a importer/reseller of cheapest Chinese parts and they aren't even cheap on them!
I used think gasbike was a good all in one for almost anything. bottom line I think best to avoid BB, GB and KMB or don't use them regularly

as a full time repair shop that checks/assembles all kits & motors I sell, I fail to understand why someone that has a local source would order online in first place - but I do get a bit of a chuckle out of watching them struggle with it when they do

there's as much to know about how/where to order as there is to how to build

I have had good communication and experiences buying from mbrebel.com and bicyclemotorworks.com.

(long thread, venting lol!)
Its Gasbike and Kings that are the same company, both Nationwide Access, and their offices are basically neighbors with 1-2 numbers off on the addresses.

They have gotten WORSE in the last 3 months. Gasbike was slow, but still got all my stuff to me and it wasn't damaged. My last two orders through Kings both had tons of issues...first one came with a rusted out chipped tank with rust bubbles on the outside. No way they could miss that, it was horrible, rattled, and had big chips of paint falling off. Emailed with pictures, they apologized and said wait 24-48hrs for tracking number...that was 11 days ago.

Second order was made on 8/17, they didn't mark it as shipped almost a whole week later on the 23rd(and it said ships in 2 days on website) but the tracking number just stayed at label created. After multiple voicemails (since they dont answer phone) I emailed and they responded to assure me that it has shipped already. Bullcrap - curiously enough, same day they responded the tracking finally updated - it didnt even ship until that same day, 8/31! I checked the details and the fedex drop point they use is literally 15 minutes from their warehouse! That's two weeks just to leave their warehouse and go 15 minutes down the street on an item that was marked as in stock and available. Finally arrived on the 6th, basically three weeks since ordered, and you can tell they last minute packed and shipped it out. The motors were both Triple40s instead of the normal motors, which is a nice upgrade I wasn't expecting, but came fully dissasembled with loose parts everywhere. Gas tank had spots of no paint with rust on it. Tank studs were super short, had to bend the heck out of the bracket and barely got 1/4" of threads to hold it. Throttle was different which made throttle cable too long for the NT carb - had to adjust the carb nut all the way out, back off the bottom throttle bend where it screw into housing halfway out(as far as I trust it going into plastic), back off the cable adjust all the way out, and the barrel adjuster more than halfway out to get the play out of it. THEN what really got me mad was once I finally got the bike all built and went to do the very last thing - install chain - and I noticed they sent a wrong/defective sprocket as I was measuring the chain to cut...it only has an odd number like 37 teeth instead of 44 and doesn't mate to a 415 chain. After 3 links it totally doesnt match up and the teeth hit the rollers (I tried a second known good chain as well). I got mad and left it on the stand, now today I have to pull the wheel to remove all 9 off those annoying rag joint bolts with loctite on them to reinstall which takes forever to do correctly since you have to go a little bit at a time and criss cross to get it to sit nice and even. To top it off, they didn't even include the two upgraded hardware kits that I ordered with them, which was $25 and clearly shows on my invoice. Luckily I had an extra hardware kit from SBP being AMAZING customer service and 2-daying me a whole set when one came missing a single stud. Got another email response from Kings to wait 24-48hrs for tracking for the hardware kits they never sent, which today is the third day so if no tracking by the 5th day as silly as it sounds I will have to do a $25 claim with my credit card company since I'm not letting them steal $25 from me.

Whole order was a mess of miss-matched kits that I had to do way too much to make work. I will no longer be ordering anything from either of them. Not worth taking 2-3 weeks to get an incorrect order missing parts, then HOPE they send the stuff in another 2-3 weeks. I don't have a month and a half to be waiting for one stupid bike.

I am honestly thinking of just saving up and doing a bulk order myself. (Maybe if its not against the rules maybe we can set up a group buy through a moderator?). The cast intake Triple40s with the upgraded allen hardware end up like $70 a kit from CDH vs $170+ retail if you order 30 at a time direct from the manufacturer. That's 30 kits for the price of 12.

it's sad, I've heard like this too many times. that's a horror story!

Puck, start a thread on group buy and let's discuss the logistics, pros n cons

Gazbike and King motor bike are the same bike berry and forgot the name something with teeth in the name "Spooky-Tooth" are the same.
Both gaz and king play the s**ty music.

You can double check by downloading an app reverse phone look up get their map address and possible person register the phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back