gasbike.net review and very helpful info for you if you're building your first bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncy7

Local time
4:21 AM
gasbike.net | kingsmotorbikes.com | Nationwide Access, LLC

One of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. Their perspective must be that I should be thankful if it works at all.
A class action lawsuit MIGHT straighten them out.

Here's the history of my experience:

Put bike together February 12-13, 2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: February 13, 2012
Email To: <nationwideaccess>
* pedaled bike
* started bike (good news)
* chain broke (bad news)

Can you do anything about this for me?

Thanks,
John

Company Reply: None
Date: February 14, 2012
Email To: <sales>
I put my kit together. Everything went fine. The chain has broken three times in less than 20 yards. Can you help me out with this?

John

Company Reply: <technician> Hi, we do not warranty the chain the warranty is on engine only
Date: February 15, 2012
Email To: <technician>
the chain you sent me is brittle like a twig and is not the proper part for this application. Please send me the proper chain, that is designed to be used on a motor, such as #41 roller chain.

Company Reply: <jksnwa@gmail.com> 410 standard chain is what comes in the kit, if the motor kit is installed right and the front sprocket is lined up straight with the back and you use the proper chain tensioning with the tensioner then the chain will not break
installed properly. pedals just fine until the power of the motor takes over.
according to forum reviews. the chain they come with are regular bike chains and break very quickly because it's not the proper part for use with a motor.

Date: February 16, 2012
Email To: <nationwideaccess>,<technician>,<sales>,<nationwideaccesss**dy>
Chain broke 3 times starting engine => Replaced with #41 chain ($30). Works great.
Spark plug wire housing broke trying to snap onto plug => Doesn't fit. Took off spark plug tip. Now sits loosely on plug.
Kill switch and engine wires have male connectors => Had to cut/splice wires together.
Carburetor air filter too large on engine to fit in small space => Had to use angled pipe to reroute it. It does not sit level now. May be a problem???
Sprocket bolt broke while tightening => Bolts are cheap and inadequate.
Two idler pulley bolts broke while REMOVING them => Bolts are cheap and inadequate.
Note: All SkyHawk GT kits come with throttle cable pre-attached to the carburetor. => Mine did not.
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/STARFIRE SKYHAWK WEB INSTRUCTIONS.htm

I think gasbike.net owes me the price of the chain, some quality replacement nuts and bolts and probably a few more things. Only time will tell. Would have gladly paid a little more for quality parts up front instead of having my time wasted.

John

Date: March 3, 2012
Since putting my bike together on the weekend of February 11-12, I have not been able to safely ride this bike until the week of February 27 - March 3.
I was lead to believe I was purchasing a bike/engine kit that is road worthy and safe out of the box. But instead you sold me a kit that is unusable and life threatening until replacing many of your improperly sized and inadequately constructed parts.

Current list of inadequate parts:

* Chain
Built with lesser quality than a regular bike chain. It broke 3 times while only trying to start it for the fist time. Your tech told me it was properly sized and would work fine if it was put on correctly. He was wrong. I bought a #41 roller chain and have not had one problem since.

* Idler Pulley
This dangerous device could have killed me at a higher speed. The bolts are so cheap that the chain spun the pulley right into the spokes and damaged a spoke. While unscrewing the bolts, they broke off. After installing the proper strength bolts constructed of steel, the pulley has remained in in its' place.
The pulley wheel itself had an inadequate bearing spacer made of aluminum which broke into pieces causing the idler wheel to lock up. I replaced the spacer with a properly constructed one made of steel and it hasn't had a problem since.

*Carburetor
Grubee, Inc. stated on their website that all their carburetor's come per-attached to the throttle mechanism. Mine did not. The carburetor float was not properly adjusted and was causing most of the gas to leak out from the overflow onto my leg, on the bike and on the engine (which is unsafe and a very dangerous fire hazard). The air filter is not designed properly to allow air to flow at your poorly recommended break-in fuel/oil mixture of 16:1. At 16:1 oil was seeping from the engine block, spark-plug hole and the from both ends of the carburetor. The spark-plug was fouling and dripping wet of oil. Also, oil would splash backward out of the intake clogging the filter and not allowing air in. This caused it to run very poorly and bog down to about 10mph. I had to install a radiator hose to move the filter away from the splashing oil for it to properly work. There was also oil seeping out of the poorly designed plastic spacer used to attach the carburetor, causing the carburetor to slide off while driving!

*Muffler
The muffler vibrated completely apart. Also, the black coating on the muffler is melting into a brownish color.

*Sprocket Bolts
One bolt broke while insuring that they were safely tightened. They are all very cheap. I replaced the broken one with steel and cranked it tight and safe. I expect to have to do the same with the rest.

Summary:
Gasbike.net has failed in every way in delivering what I paid for. The best I could have done with the kit and parts you sold me was to start it and listen to the engine run. After researching each of my problems, I have found that your customers have had the very same ones. This makes your company completely negligent. And your negligence as been a danger to myself, your customers and the public. Also, a waste of a great deal of my valuable time.

The price to fix/replace your inadequate parts:
#41 Roller Chain: $28.89

Air filter hose: $7.50

Bolts/Hardware: $3.00

Muffler: I have not done anything yet with the broken muffler.

Damaged spoke: I have not yet fixed the damage to my spoke caused by your cheap idler pulley bolts. But my tire is now wobbling.

My time wasted: 2 weeks

My attached image is framed with a #41 roller chain for good contrast. :D

Attachments

• broken parts with 41 roller chain frame.jpg
    broken parts with 41 roller chain frame.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 603
sour grapes--- only here to gripe

(zero out of any amount of stars)

The worst company I've ever dealt with. Their goal is to make our lives miserable.
Was hoping all the negative posts against them were old and they corrected the problems. Unfortunately, the negative posts list only continues to grow.
They have a lot of nerve basing their company on American soil AND screwing everyone that deals with them!
I'm convinced they need a class action lawsuit against them.

Here's the short history of my experience:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email To: <nationwideaccess@aol.com>
* pedaled bike
* chain broke (bad news)

Thanks,
John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email To: <sales@gasbike.net>
I put my kit together. Everything went fine. The chain has broken three times in less than 20 yards. Can you help me out with this?

John

Company Reply: <jksnwa@gmail.com> Hi, we do not warranty the chain the warranty is on engine only
Email To: <jksnwa@gmail.com>
the chain you sent me is brittle like a twig and is not the proper part for this application. Please send me the proper chain, that is designed to be used on a motor, such as #41 roller chain.

Company Reply: <jksnwa@gmail.com> 410 standard chain is what comes in the kit, if the motor kit is installed right and the front sprocket is lined up straight with the back and you use the proper chain tensioning with the tensioner then the chain will not break
according to forum reviews. the chain they come with are regular bike chains and break very quickly because it's not the proper part for use with a motor.

Email To: <nationwideaccess@aol.com>,<jksnwa@gmail.com>,<sales@gasbike.net>,<nationwideaccesssandy@gmail.com>
Chain broke 3 times starting engine => Replaced with #41 chain ($30). Works great.
Spark plug wire housing broke trying to snap onto plug => Doesn't fit. Took off spark plug tip. Now sits loosely on plug.
Kill switch and engine wires have male connectors => Had to cut/splice wires together.
Carburetor air filter too large on engine to fit in small space => Had to use angled pipe to reroute it. It does not sit level now. May be a problem???
Two idler pulley bolts broke while REMOVING them => Bolts are cheap and inadequate.
Note: All SkyHawk GT kits come with throttle cable pre-attached to the carburetor. => Mine did not.

I think gasbike.net owes me the price of the chain, some quality replacement nuts and bolts and probably a few more things. Only time will tell. Would have gladly paid a little more for quality parts up front instead of having my time wasted.

John

Email To: <nationwideaccess@aol.com>,<jksnwa@gmail.com>,<sales@gasbike.net>,<nationwideaccesssandy@gmail.com>
Since putting my bike together on the weekend of February 11-12, I have not been able to safely ride this bike until the week of February 27 - March 3.
I was lead to believe I was purchasing a bike/engine kit that is road worthy and safe out of the box. But instead you sold me a kit that is unusable and life threatening until replacing many of your improperly sized and inadequately constructed parts.

* Chain
Built with lesser quality than a regular bike chain. It broke 3 times while only trying to start it for the fist time. Your tech told me it was properly sized and would work fine if it was put on correctly. He was wrong. I bought a #41 roller chain and have not had one problem since.

* Idler Pulley
This dangerous device could have killed me at a higher speed. The bolts are so cheap that the chain spun the pulley right into the spokes and damaged a spoke. While unscrewing the bolts, they broke off. After installing the proper strength bolts constructed of steel, the pulley has remained in in its' place.
The pulley wheel itself had an inadequate bearing spacer made of aluminum which broke into pieces causing the idler wheel to lock up. I replaced the spacer with a properly constructed one made of steel and it hasn't had a problem since.

*Carburetor
Grubee, Inc. stated on their website that all their carburetor's come per-attached to the throttle mechanism. Mine did not. The carburetor float was not properly adjusted and was causing most of the gas to leak out from the overflow onto my leg, on the bike and on the engine (which is unsafe and a very dangerous fire hazard). The air filter is not designed properly to allow air to flow at your poorly recommended break-in fuel/oil mixture of 16:1. At 16:1 oil was seeping from the engine block, spark-plug hole and the from both ends of the carburetor. The spark-plug was fouling and dripping wet of oil. Also, oil would splash backward out of the intake clogging the filter and not allowing air in. This caused it to run very poorly and bog down to about 10mph. I had to install a radiator hose to move the filter away from the splashing oil for it to properly work. There was also oil seeping out of the poorly designed plastic spacer used to attach the carburetor, causing the carburetor to slide off while driving!

*Muffler
The muffler vibrated completely apart. Also, the black coating on the muffler is melting into a brownish color.

*Sprocket Bolts
One bolt broke while insuring that they were safely tightened. They are all very cheap. I replaced the broken one with steel and cranked it tight and safe. I expect to have to do the same with the rest.

Summary:
Gasbike.net has failed in every way in delivering what I paid for. The best I could have done with the kit and parts you sold me was to start it and listen to the engine run. After researching each of my problems, I have found that your customers have had the very same ones. This makes your company completely negligent. And your negligence as been a danger to myself, your customers and the public. Also, a waste of a great deal of my valuable time.

Damaged spoke: I have not yet fixed the damage to my spoke caused by your cheap idler pulley bolts. But my tire is now wobbling.

Date: March 8, 2012
After checking my mounting stud this morning, I slightly tightened the rut and all the threads under the nut stripped off.
Is this covered in my warranty?

John

Company Reply: I'm still waiting
There is rust developing inside my gas tank.
Is this covered by my warranty?

John

Date: March 10, 2012
Today I traveled 11 miles away from home and then the clutch went out. I was unable to fix it. After pedaling home, I took the cover off the gear box and found that there was no key installed to keep the gear on the shaft. Consequently, the only thing that was holding it on was a star washer. This along with the very large list of problems I have emailed you, I would like fixed. ASAP.

John

I attached a picture of the chain that broke three times with some broken bolts, etc... I also bordered the picture with a #41 roller chain. I hope you can notice the difference of chain quality from the small picture file. Imagine trying to use a cheap bike chain with a 66cc motor! They're not fooling me with the shenanigans.

Attachments

39.8 KB · Views: 629
gasbike.net

The worst company I've ever dealt with. Their goal is to make our lives miserable.
Was hoping all the negative posts against them were old and they corrected the problems. Unfortunately, the negative posts list only continues to grow.
They have a lot of nerve basing their company on American soil AND screwing everyone that deals with them!
I'm convinced they need a class action lawsuit against them.

Here's the short history of my experience:

* pedaled bike
* chain broke (bad news)

Thanks,
John

Email To: <sales@gasbike.net>

John

Company Reply: <jksnwa@gmail.com> Hi, we do not warranty the chain the warranty is on engine only

John

* Chain

* Idler Pulley

*Carburetor

*Muffler

*Sprocket Bolts

Summary:

After checking my mounting stud this morning, I slightly tightened the rut and all the threads under the nut stripped off.
Is this covered in my warranty?

John

There is rust developing inside my gas tank.
Is this covered by my warranty?

John

Date: March 10, 2012
Today I traveled 11 miles away from home and then the clutch went out. I was unable to fix it. After pedaling home, I took the cover off the gear box and found that there was no key installed to keep the gear on the shaft. Consequently, the only thing that was holding it on was a star washer. This along with the very large list of problems I have emailed you, I would like fixed. ASAP.

John

The attached picture is some of the broken parts. The border is a #41 roller chain to add contrast to the small bike chain they sent me.

Attachments

39.8 KB · Views: 619

One of the worst companies I've ever dealt with. Their perspective must be that I should be thankful if it works at all.
A class action lawsuit MIGHT straighten them out.

Here's the history of my experience:

Email To: <nationwideaccess>
* pedaled bike
* chain broke (bad news)

Thanks,
John

Email To: <sales>

John

Company Reply: <technician> Hi, we do not warranty the chain the warranty is on engine only

John

* Chain

* Idler Pulley

*Carburetor

*Muffler

*Sprocket Bolts

Summary:

My attached image is framed with a #41 roller chain for good contrast. :D
You're not mechanically inclined. Before you put something together check your tool list in owners manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back