GasBike - PhatMoto Rover bike (79cc, $500) - Black Friday Deal

bakaneko

saw this come through my email the other day. i am curious if i was not so stuck on electric this is real tempting. the bike looks nice. its $500 if you share it on fb, social media etc. i dont understand the gear reduction box on this (no picture) and the engine really looks like an HS-142F not a Predator 79cc or equivalent...

https://www.gasbike.net/products/phatmoto-rover-79cc-motorized-bicycle

Street Ryderz

The frame looks great with more gusseting and beefy stays,engine looks good and yes alot of reduction,still for that price very good deal!

bakaneko

anyone interested looks like its an order for an import. so buy then wait 2-3 months. again, ill really be interested (looking for new bike) but again im in the electric bug atm.

JerboaJohn

yeah I saw that, and thought "I'm gonna fork over 500 and wait 3 or 4 months??! I'm betting they don't even have them, get your money then they order. so they can't really answer any technical questions, and what if it's sketch?
for $500-600 build a screamer in 2 weeks sourcing bike, the parts you want, and engine.

bakaneko

Yeah, no doubt that they don't have them. I guess if any time to wait now is probably the best. Its cold and I don't really want to ride. x__X

Digger

OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! I can't hardly wait to give GASBIKE.NET my hard earned money, for something they don't even have, so I can wait 3-6 months to get it, only to find out that not all the parts are there or (the wrong parts). Then I get to hassle with them for AT LEAST another 3-6 months to TRY and get them to make it right. Only to end up with a piece of junk that I can't even use. OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY!

OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! I can't hardly wait to give GASBIKE.NET my hard earned money, for something they don't even have, so I can wait 3-6 months to get it, only to find out that not all the parts are there or (the wrong parts). Then I get to hassle with them for AT LEAST another 3-6 months to TRY and get them to make it right. Only to end up with a piece of junk that I can't even use. OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY!
Exactly. Are people still buying stuff from them?

bakaneko

the two items i bought there were fine. from my experience, i will buy again. not many options left with the reviews out there...

FNTPuck

the two items i bought there were fine. from my experience, i will buy again. not many options left with the reviews out there...
My first two orders were fine as well. No issues, shipped relatively quickly, everything there.

Third order the motors came in after like 2 weeks of waiting, then took MONTHS to finally get the hardware kits I ordered along with them. By that time the engines were long sold so now I have stainless hardware kits that I don't need sitting around since I only order Triple40s now that come with stainless allen hardware(along with much better QC).

Then, a Kings order(same company) came with a rusty peeling gas tank and it took 3 weeks to get a replacement, and when it finally came in they sent me the wrong one with an external threaded petcock. I have 4 spare normal male petcocks but no female ones and needed it asap so had to spend extra on adapters and fittings to make it work.

Might order a single part from them at a time if its no rush and is just to fill my spare parts, but will never order a full kit or multiple item order from either of them again.

JerboaJohn

oh I know, , and trying to return a garbage part is a fight. I'm glad I used PayPal on a motor mount from eBay with them. they wouldn't reply for a week when I complained, then told me it was non returnable even i sent pics so i had to open a case with PP and only then I got 50% refund. 3weeks of hassles when I could've dealt with Bicycle Motor Works who always did me solid.

I think there is a reason they're trying to push these bikes cheap. UMoto sells HT kits with bike for $349 and they're already in the US