GasBike - PhatMoto Rover bike (79cc, $500) - Black Friday Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
the two items i bought there were fine. from my experience, i will buy again. not many options left with the reviews out there...

the two items i bought there were fine. from my experience, i will buy again. not many options left with the reviews out there...
My first two orders were fine as well. No issues, shipped relatively quickly, everything there.

Third order the motors came in after like 2 weeks of waiting, then took MONTHS to finally get the hardware kits I ordered along with them. By that time the engines were long sold so now I have stainless hardware kits that I don't need sitting around since I only order Triple40s now that come with stainless allen hardware(along with much better QC).

Then, a Kings order(same company) came with a rusty peeling gas tank and it took 3 weeks to get a replacement, and when it finally came in they sent me the wrong one with an external threaded petcock. I have 4 spare normal male petcocks but no female ones and needed it asap so had to spend extra on adapters and fittings to make it work.

Might order a single part from them at a time if its no rush and is just to fill my spare parts, but will never order a full kit or multiple item order from either of them again.

oh I know, , and trying to return a garbage part is a fight. I'm glad I used PayPal on a motor mount from eBay with them. they wouldn't reply for a week when I complained, then told me it was non returnable even i sent pics so i had to open a case with PP and only then I got 50% refund. 3weeks of hassles when I could've dealt with Bicycle Motor Works who always did me solid.

I think there is a reason they're trying to push these bikes cheap. UMoto sells HT kits with bike for $349 and they're already in the US

ok, got an email from gadsbike and the link led me to IndieGogo, a sort of group funding site, not too different than GoFundMe lol. their goal is $50,000 of which 4 ppl have paid the $500, 3% it says. really laughable as they aren't putting any of their own money in it and could lose some if they have guaranteed delivery without reaching the goal for the 100 they probably have committed to have gathered from suppliers.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/phatmoto-all-in-one-gas-engine-bike-for-499#/
one of those backers is "Agency 2.0 Crowdfunding" here's the vid. look at the in-frame JS setup. I don't like that big sprocket; looks like a pedal sprocket lol -

i bet you 75% of the riders who get this bike is going to name it BumbleBee... :cautious:

Thing probably goes like 20mph with that sprocket. I think that’s a Lifan motor similar to the hf 79cc only an upright cylinder. It looks like a Honda gx100 copy.

Looks like a gasbike gt frame with some gussets and a built in mount. How much is this again $600? Could probably build this for cheaper. a lifan 118cc motor, the base model of this frame and some suntour forks oh and mag wheels and you’ll have a more powerful and cooler bike.

In the video it says a top speed of 25mph, that's depressing. That's "break in" top speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back