GasBike - PhatMoto Rover bike (79cc, $500) - Black Friday Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have to ditch that enormous sprocket first. I don't know what sprockets are on the jackshaft but even going 25mph the displacement is too much to be legal anyways. 30cc too big. You could probably put a pocket bike engine on a bike with gears and go faster than that.

You'd have to ditch that enormous sprocket first. I don't know what sprockets are on the jackshaft
but even going 25mph the displacement is too much to be legal anyways. 30cc too big.
You could probably put a pocket bike engine on a bike with gears and go faster than that.
What bumf*** state are you in?
CA where Gasbike is allows 4 hp with no cc's specified.

many states have the under 50cc law tho still be a bicycle. I think GB would say it's offroad only and it's geared for hills but just swap sprockets and street ride it 30-40mph

Pa has a 1.5 hp/49cc thing I think. http://www.dot.state.pa.us/public/dvspubsforms/BMV/BMV Fact Sheets/fs-momo.pdf as you can see it notes in the motor driven cycles classification it can't exceed 50cc and 1.5hp, well for the mopeds then it says something about 5hp for motor driven cycles so idk. Why they would limit it to 49cc with 5 hp don't ask me but the more I read it the more I realize motor driven cycles is probably scooters. Bumf*** indeed, both the weather and laws are horrible. Pittsburgh is trying to ban any semi auto guns that's right SEMI auto. Better pull out the black powder revolvers I guess.

Last edited:
Most of the states are 50cc or less MN is 2hp and 50cc, 20mph. But all depends on how you ride them, if you run around like a wild man you will get nailed, ride descent they won't bother you. And wear helmet, lights, ..................Curt

I did by a phatmoto from gasbike.net and then waited 10 weeks for it to arrive I was able to assemble in about 2 hours. I had problems with the centrical clutch and the chain. The problem I had was the chain came off bending the jack shaft I called gasbike costumer service and it was days before they even got back to me also I sent emails they DO NOT HAVE THE JACK SHAFTS IN STOCK NOR THE LARGE SPROCKITS IN STOCK so I payed a machine shop in my area to make one. Unless you skilled in repairs DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE. To make a long story short I did piece the bike into running condition I do like the bike but it has issues. The costumer service S-CKS.

Have anyone purchased the bike that’s making these statements? or have anyone contact the company about this bike? I’d like to know the facts please.

In the video it says a top speed of 25mph, that's depressing. That's "break in" top speed.
Wow! it sounds like you need a motorcycle I guess I’m wondering can you paddle a bike up to 25mph ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back