Gasbikes 66cc 12v Generator in action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold cranking amps? What in the world are you talking about? I think you got a wire crossed somewhere (I do all the time so I recognize the problem,) cold cranking amps are a measurement of how much an automotive battery can dump out at once to a starter motor.

What generator do you own exactly? Might not have to do with the voltage limit, the resistance of the lamp comes into play and without breaking a certain threshold in voltage while supplying enough current you might not get too much more out of it.

Be careful hooking up a generator and 2 Dynamos together one or the other can burn something out by tossing the ac voltage all around across everything else, maybe look into a rectifier circuit that will prevent current from looping back?

I have two separate rectifiers, one for dynamos and one for the 12v bikegen, I considered that.

I even have a 3rd for the white wire for when I figure out what else to do with it - use it like nitrous oxide on a momentary switch to the electrical system is my best idea.

Cold cranking amps to a light is a vivid brightness we are attempting to generate via a bicycle without a battery, everybody has came back with experiences saying the quality is 10v

Here's that light bar I tried out. When the weather's not s**tt Ill take some night pics or maybe a vid of the illumination it provides hooked up to the Gen. And for "Cold cranking amps" I believe Frankenstein is correct. That term is specific for automotive battery output. The bike gen probably only provides mA milliamps.

Attachments

• IMG_20170505_155548249.jpg
    IMG_20170505_155548249.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 240
Here's that light bar I tried out. When the weather's not s**tt Ill take some night pics or maybe a vid of the illumination it provides hooked up to the Gen. And for "Cold cranking amps" I believe Frankenstein is correct. That term is specific for automotive battery output. The bike gen probably only provides mA milliamps.

The difference is tangible access to 1A, where we now have tangible access to <1A that is equal to 0CCA. 1A is gonna bright up like a 1CCA battery via a gen.

My goal is cigarette lighter. It got warm once.

I like the look of that light and the bike itself.

Most of those gens are in the ballpark of 6 watts produced at 12v, so half an amp or 500mAh is roughly what would expected. Again it's not too much, but it can do the job as long as the job isn't big.

It will vary, but the general truth is the generators are small and don't impart much load against the bike or motor, and since they don't they just wont produce much power, without losing much kinetic energy you won't be getting much electrical energy.

I gave up basically on all the standard methods of power generation on a bike, I just grabbed a large ammo box and a decent sla deep cycle battery which lasts long enough I don't mind so much plugging it in over night once and again. Once I install a bullet train with the beefier stator then I'll have an on board charger I can use to charge both batteries on the fly, with a simple switch to change which one is being charged. I might end up getting one larger battery for motorcycles and leave it all on a single battery since another user has proven that a sound system could be powered off the bullet train and its corresponding battery.

The difference is tangible access to 1A, where we now have tangible access to <1A that is equal to 0CCA. 1A is gonna bright up like a 1CCA battery via a gen.

My goal is cigarette lighter. It got warm once.
Well yea providing an amp at 12 volts is 12watts, a 12 Watt lamp is going to be bright especially an led, my 10w headlamp is ridiculously bright and even looking at it in the daylight it's bright enough to be sore to the eyes.

Stop saying CCA, that's not a measure that's used to talk about plain old current. CCA is simply how quickly the battery can discharge its capacity, generally its the amount of amps it can provide constantly for 30 seconds at 32°F.

The question is if you provided the lamp with 300 amps would it take it or would it only consume half an amp? Mind you if you aren't providing enough voltage the resistance will try to damper the current drawn, but make the electrical component try to consume its intended wattage and it may overdose on the current to make up for the lack of volts and blow something.

Power is a whacky animal, just takes the littlest thing to mess it up, seeing that the wires used to convey the power don't have the ability to limit the power passed through them, and are perfectly happy with using as much power as needed to burn themselves up to power a light bulb.

Well yea providing an amp at 12 volts is 12watts, a 12 Watt lamp is going to be bright especially an led, my 10w headlamp is ridiculously bright and even looking at it in the daylight it's bright enough to be sore to the eyes.

Stop saying CCA, that's not a measure that's used to talk about plain old current. CCA is simply how quickly the battery can discharge its capacity, generally its the amount of amps it can provide constantly for 30 seconds at 32°F.

The question is if you provided the lamp with 300 amps would it take it or would it only consume half an amp? Mind you if you aren't providing enough voltage the resistance will try to damper the current drawn, but make the electrical component try to consume its intended wattage and it may overdose on the current to make up for the lack of volts and blow something.

Power is a whacky animal, just takes the littlest thing to mess it up, seeing that the wires used to convey the power don't have the ability to limit the power passed through them, and are perfectly happy with using as much power as needed to burn themselves up to power a light bulb.
Well I need 60w at 1.2a to power my cigarette lighter. I am gonna generate cold cranking amps. It's gonna take a Minigen Max, white wire and 4 dynamos to reach that watts level, which would be CCA I can put back into a battery.

Ohman. I'm no expert, but what i understand CCA to be is, here's my figurative example of it........ You go into your garage, you stick your key into your ignition, you turn the key to start the vehicle, and it starts. The CCA is what just occurred from the battery to the whole ignition system. Nowwww let's say you go into your garage to start your bike up, but there's probably no ignition, unless you have a battery and push button start. Then and only then will you have used CCA.

Frankenstein is on the money there cca is cold cranking amps just like he said the messure of available sustained discharge amps from the battery on a cold start witch draws the most current!

Exactly. Who isn't trying to generate that same amount of tangible power?

I work on it every day to generate CCA I can immediately deliver to a front wheel.

Pretty certain once the cigarette lighter works I can install anything up to 60w rating, however that accessory requires CCA to function.

What it is gonna take is the white wire through a rectifier and then a switch to be engaged once the motor is in operation IN ADDITION to the 10w from the gen and 10w from the 2 dynamos. 30w is only halfway there, 2 more dynamos increases to 40w, but that's not enough - still 20w short. So 2 more different Dynamo models are necessary for new locations and harnesses (USB model) can net 1A each, but only at 5v, which is 10v\10w. 5w more from a Minigen Max upgrade puts the final number to 55watts peak, after regulated, it will actually be around just below 3A to have a SLA battery charging.

The 12v gen is cool, but without 6 dynamos and the white wire it's just a little too dim for my taste.

Last edited:
Well I need 60w at 1.2a to power my cigarette lighter. I am gonna generate cold cranking amps. It's gonna take a Minigen Max, white wire and 4 dynamos to reach that watts level, which would be CCA I can put back into a battery.
Ok do you need 1.2 amps or 60 watts at 12volts? You can't supply 60 watts at 1.2 amps unless you're supplying 50 volts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back