Gasket material

Local time
3:00 AM
What material are motorized bicycle gaskets made of? Is there a specific material in sheet form I can buy at the hardware store (or an alternative material / product that could serve as a gasket) so I can make my own gaskets?

Im seeing people making gaskets out of cereal box cardboard wetted in 2T oil - would this work? Specifically looking for the gasket between my cylinder on the engine.

What material are motorized bicycle gaskets made of? Is there a specific material in sheet form I can buy at the hardware store (or an alternative material / product that could serve as a gasket) so I can make my own gaskets?

Im seeing people making gaskets out of cereal box cardboard wetted in 2T oil - would this work? Specifically looking for the gasket between my cylinder on the engine.
Sorry, that gasket has to be a set thickness to establish your squish and port timing. Did you break the OE one?

Sorry, that gasket has to be a set thickness to establish your squish and port timing. Did you break the OE one?
Yeah its broken, it fell apart when I took the engine apart. What about the inner tube of a bicycle tire? Its a rubber like material. Think that would work?

Yeah its broken, it fell apart when I took the engine apart. What about the inner tube of a bicycle tire? Its a rubber like material. Think that would work?
Nope, not fuel friendly.
If I had to make that gasket, I'd get some 3/32 sheet from FLAPS and cut one out. By the time you torque it down it might be the right thickness.
Have you ever checked the squish on your engine?

OR!

Ended up buying a gasket sheet, I guess it will work for the cylinder gasket.

Attachments

• c4214b40ab1b04008c3de901d0196e886558aa7f-1.jpg
    c4214b40ab1b04008c3de901d0196e886558aa7f-1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 98
Ended up breaking the piston "O" ring trying to set the piston into the cylinder lol. Guess I aint riding this weekend. Ordered an entire new engine and piston / rings for spares.

Piston O-ring? Wtf are you talking about? Care to post a picture? Do you mean piston rings ????

Piston O-ring? Wtf are you talking about? Care to post a picture? Do you mean piston rings ????
Theres 2 little metal rings on the piston, I broke one of them trying to slide it in to the cylinder. Had to try and pinch them to close a bit to squeeze the piston in the cylinder. Broke one in the process.

Back