Engine Trouble Gasket oil leak

D

Deleted member 30828

Hey guys...anyone know a fix for a leaky gasket. I already replaced the gasket, and tightened the bolts as much as possible, but oil keeps leaking like crazy.

Is there a gasket sealant you recommend, or some other solution? (maybe I'm wrong, but from what I understand, sealant for cars etc can't be used on an engine like this)
20201127_100527.jpg

Is it coming out of the top or the bottom? I would like to recommend that you pull the head and jug off and sand out any imperfection that might be there. Get a piece of glass or mirror and a sheet of 120 grit and 320 grit sandpaper and place on glass and sand the parts on that, start with the 120 and then graduate up to the 320. Be careful not to tip the parts when sanding, hold them flush on the glass. You don't have to go fast, and stop and check the progress often. You will quickly see any flaws.

Here's a tip,
Mark the surface your about to sand with a sharpie pen. While sanding check your work. You'll be able to see all the low spots.
Just sand until all the sharpie marks are gone then you should be flat.
Remark with sharpie pen and sand again to double check your work to make sure your flat.

Bottom. This engine only has a bottom gasket, and this is mainly where the oil comes out. Although I have noticed some minor leakage up top around the spark plug also.

Thanks, ill give sanding a try đź‘Ť

Back