Gasket Templates for 48cc & 66cc Motorized Bicycle Engines

I read somewhere about using a aluminum can to make a exhaust gasket.
Ive used tin cans flattened out and used small picture hanging nails to perferate the metal so it sinks into the gasket material. Like the metal scrubby part in a flat tire kit. It works awesome. Just use quality gasket material.

If you can find some high temperature material you can make a temporary gasket, or try what you have and see how long it would up.
The best exhaust gasket is the Toyota o2 sensor gasket it's like 4or5 bucks and can be reused very durable

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I blew a base gasket on one of my 48cc engines a few weeks ago, I had several for a 66cc but not what I needed. I made one and also ordered a couple. I made a template page with head, base and intake gaskets on it. I hope this helps.
I'm pretty sure you can coat leather in rtv and use it. I think people used leather in the old days... Leather not so good for exhaust though. I actually found out about this not too long ago...

I have cut out exhaust gaskets from a cereal box. Then got foil tape used for a/c ducts. And layered the tape on both sides 3-4 times. No leaks and are good for about 3months. Simple to make

Back