Gasket

LOCKTITE

LOCKTITE!!!! IS YOUR FRIEND!!! also use the cork and rubber gasket material you can buy at your local auto supply shop 3it woks great I have over 1000 miles on my bike and it is still ticking :)

Cookie

Hi , I cut the exaust gasket out of the same wheaties box , not really , . I used a piece of grey cardboard from a note pad, and so far its held. I did spray it with Copper Coat but thats really not for exaust but so far so good. I'm just lucky I guess. When the gasket blew out between the jug and the bottom end that caused it not to idel well . Thats because the intake goes thru the bottom and then in to the piston. It so nice to have it running right again I've been ridding everywhere.Most all the problems I've had have been gasket related. One time I did have the chain come off, in fact it came off a couple of times but all I did was adjust the roller adjuster tentioner or whatever its called and its bin fine. Well gotta roll Tom in WV

I haven't been here very long and maybe this has already been suggested.

Have any of you guys tried VW preheat tube gaskets? I used them and they almost fit a 48cc jug perfectly. The one's I got said they fit 1960-'71 V Dubs. The bolt holes have to be elongated just a little and you'll want to check the big hole to make sure it matches your port. I think an 80cc engine has a rectangular port on the engine but the muffler has a round port so the gasket would match the muffler but not the port...but that's same the fit you already have. Here's a couple of pics of my 48cc.

213459267.jpg

130425636.jpg

I saw a thread on permatex gasket maker for the basegasket, I can't seem to find the post

Back