Gasoline Question

fulltimerart

Local time
10:54 AM
A few days ago I was reading on the forum about the best fuel to use with the HS142 engine and regular grade, preferably non ethanol was preferred. There is a Marathon station close by where I will be buying my gas and I have a choice---regular with ethanol, or their non ethanol which is premium. I think the non ethanol (even with the additives for premium) would be better than the ethanol-----they are top tier gas, but I thought I would check with you guys for some educated opinions. Art

I never worry about the stats or recommendations, I use premium gas in all my small 4 stroke engines. Especially if they sit for extended periods of time, then there's no ethanol to set up in the system.

Two stroke is different, you can get oil with the stabilizer already in it.
I'd forget they even wrote that on the package. As they put in so little it makes no difference (in my experience)
I run premium on my small engines as its ethinal free, but i still put some stabil in it if im not using it for long periods of time (its like 8$ for a big bottle, not that expensive) just make sure the state stamp is on there that its ethinal free, as some are dishonest (my local bills has about 5% ethinal in it, but they advertise it as ethinal free, very misleading)

Last edited:
I never worry about the stats or recommendations, I use premium gas in all my small 4 stroke engines. Especially if they sit for extended periods of time, then there's no ethanol to set up in the system.
Any links/info to back up that statement? I never knew premium/midgrade does not contain ethanol. Or is this only at that one specific station or in general to all gas stations? If so I'll start buying midgrade at least.

Depends on the state and the gas station. "Non oxygenated" is ethanol free. In mn anyways all gasoline for road use is supposed to contain 10 percent ethanol. The pump with the good stuff will say for use off road or in vehicles eligible to be collector vehicles or small engine only.

Up here in western Canada, there is only one station that sells an enriched premium. All the others sell 91 premium, except ESSO has 92 and are about two blocks from house. I have a few triumph friends down in the US and that is their biggest b**ch too.

Any links/info to back up that statement? I never knew premium/midgrade does not contain ethanol. Or is this only at that one specific station or in general to all gas stations? If so I'll start buying midgrade at least.

Back