G'day from SA!

EnFlaMEd

Local time
1:27 PM
G'day everyone,

My name is André and I am from South Australia. I am a bit of a car nut and unfortunately I lost my license recently. Due to my deep hatred of public transport and a need to keep motoring in order to stay sane I decided to look into MBs.

I had one lined up (on hold) to buy from a local builder last weekend and had even organised tranport and a carrier but about an hour before I was leaving to pick it up the nice man decided to sell it to someone else and inform me via a txt message. Needless to say I was a little shocked at that display of customer service. So I have now decided to build my own.

So far I have ordered:

-Avanti Illusion hybrid bike
-GT5 GEN 4 (bad boy) 80cc
-SBP shift kit deluxe
-shimano compatible 3x9 carbon grip shifts.

I am praying this package is going to work and that I have enough ability to be able to put it all together! Cant be anyworse than working on a car right?
With this package assembled I hope the 40km round trip for work will be a pleasureable experience rather than the nightmare I go through everyday catching a bus and then trying to scab lifts from the suburbs to my hills home where busses dont run.

Cheers

André

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day mate!! I was thinking SA = South Africa and then South America, but the G'day gave you away. :devilish: :giggle:

Crappie way to get introduced to this fun world (no license and an idiot dealer out of the chute) but we will make it right. You'll see!

I see your order in our que, sweet. Mucho thanks. I'm sending you an email about your order. If there is anything we can do to help you on the forum or offline, do not hesitate to ask.

Have a good'n No worries.

Welcome to MBc

am praying this package is going to work and that I have enough ability to be able to put it all together! Cant be anyworse than working on a car right?
Once the bugs are sorted they go fine.

So I have now decided to build my own.

At least you will know your machine and will want to build a second.

Beware of the Jekyl & Hydes on our "sane" roads. Take nothing for granted cos there are some very useless drivers out there. I get 1 or 2 "issues" daily.
Today it seemed was, "open car door and swerve to miss day".
Yesterday was, "cut in front and turn left day",
last week it was, "creep onto bike lanes day".

Today
Motor bike accident on Main North Rd at peak hour.

It's crazy on 2 wheels here, peddle-bike, MB, scooter,right up to Harley riders included, all have had "issues" with stressed out inatentive cagers.

Ride safely.

All the Best
BoltsM

Thanks BoltsM!

I used to drive into the CBD everyday so Ive seen how it gets from a drivers perspective. Ill admit that Ive probably done the wrong thing a couple of times myself without meaning to. Im not looking forward to Payneham Rd in rush hour thats for sure. Something should really be done along there to give riders more room.

Hey Enflamed..Another Aussie here..East Coast NSW..Love the way they knew you came from Oz by the Gday..Welcome to MBc..A few things I thought you should know...WHOA..80cc. Check out my last post in "MOTORBIKING LAWS AND LEGISLATIONS" under Australian Legislature.." But remember there a lot of 80cc bikes out there (me too) so you need to savvy up on the laws and limitations they may try to enforce. Youre going to enjoy MBc as there is a goldmine of info and help here especially if you do your own build..use the SEARCH (Google window) for the quickest results and you wont waste your time looking for help that is already out there in great detail.
Also go to "Aussie Roll call" as we all drop in there to see how many of us there really are...Welcome and good luck..get some pics of the build as you go and post them in you album or on your comments (Thumbnail them through "Easy Thumbnails" free software)..See ya ..ENO.(Down Under)

Cheers for the link and advice ENO. Your thread made an interesting read. The 25kmph limit in SA thing posted by another user bothers me a little. I think I would have to be extremely unlucky to be caught out though. There seems to be a rapidly growing number of motorized bikes getting around here of late though maybe I am just noticing them more now. I dont think the whole capacity/power thing will be an issue unless cops devise a mini bike dyno :p As you said though it only takes one cop having a bad day to make mine bad as well.

G'day Andre & welcome to MBc.
Keep us posted on your build as were always interested..........hasten slowly.

Back