gear ratio for non-pedaling start

I've got a good looking 21speed new bike with a real PK80 short rod motor on it that runs like a beast - constant ad for it this last year or so at $465 has gotten no calls. I removed all the circus-wagon decals from the bike and even painted motor and hardware black and added comfy seat - no interest at that price.

I think someone around me here in Lancaster pa must be building bikes I just don't know who. I am seeing motorized bikes almost daily around here and all of them are the del lusso frame and a stock black paint motor, the bike I just finished I have 400.00 in it some guy approached me( he said he wanted the bike because it was the fastest bike he has seen* its not really that fast it does 40mph, he just doesn't know much about MB I assume) I told him 800.00 ( which I figure would be maybe 10.00 an hour for me if I sold it. I never got back to the guy) it takes me a long time compared to others I guess, but I took a pile of garbage and made it something. lolol I bet I have 10 hours just fixing up the old honda elsinor tank that is on the bike. maybe 5 hours removing rust from the old bike I wanted to use and the carb drove me almost to insanity to tune. props to you gentlemen,i feel it takes a good mechanic to build one which works properly in a short enough period of time to actually make money doing the build.

constant ad for it this last year or so at $465 has gotten no calls.
Bummer.
I depends on your market demographic I think.
Thanks to Sheriff Joe's DUI crackdown I have hundreds of well to do customers that can't drive but have plenty of money for something cool and comfortable to ride legally.

Your bike seems to be geared to kids, it's fast, and generally kids have little sense of value other than the price tag.

Back