Gears keep locking up ( i need advice)

Rockjaw

Local time
8:54 PM
Just put on a 66cc 2 stroke ..the engines gears keep locking up..not a kink in the chain..the other side..i open the gear (clutch) side box and the gears turn and then i move the bike and it locks up...ive greased the gears...still same thing. Any advice ? someone have a video on solving this problem?
thanks all!
RJ

take out spark plug - lock clutch lever to release clutch - turn engine by spinning magneto nut

if it locks up now, it should be easy to spot why

make sure you keep an eye on how the chain is feeding into the engine sprocket, you could have a tooth missing. id also make sure your chain tensioner is lined up with the rear wheel sprocket. and lastly give the back tire a spin and see if your sprocket spins evenly. if anything is off it could be locking the chain up. if all thats ok then you could have a ceased piston and thats usually from mixing your 2 stroke gas/oil wrong. ive had that happen to me before. thankfully i was able to free the piston after taking apart the engine. now i know its always better to have more oil than less if your not sure how to measure it

Back