GEBE 10 Ga Wheel/Broken Spokes?

Bonefish

Local time
2:31 AM
Has anyone bought the GEBE 10 Ga Wheel and broke spokes. I've got a Tanaka 40cc, now I notice Gebe doesn't sell the Tanaka 40cc engine. Thanks

With a higher horsepower engine you NEED the velocity HD wheel! I built a 30cc Zenoah 2-stroke that snapped 14g spokes easily "see avatar pic"

The 14g spokes on most stock wheels will bend, stretch and snap after time with any motor hooked onto one half of the total spokes.

The HD 12g wheel is a good idea. I was hard on mine while I had it and it never showed any signs of failure.

Ok, so I read that the 105g wheel they sell is really only 12 gauge not 10 gauge. I've also got a robin subaru eh035. Question: Would the engine mount bracket for the GEBE both support both a robin subaru eh035 and a Tanaka pf-4000? If I decided to change engines, or would I have to go to GEBE and get a whole different engine mounting bracket per engine? Thanks

No changes needed, its just an engine swap. Since the Subbie and the Tanaka both have a 76mm clutch the mount is the same.

Thanks, I found a used/almost brand new GEBE for sale. He has the 105 gauge wheel from gebe, but it is not the color I want. If I get the GEBE kit from him, and then order the 105/12 gauge wheel from GEBE will the drive ring be compromised from going from one rim(105gauge) to the new wheel(105 gauge)? Thanks

I got a new sheave because gebe will install it correctly and they use an adhesive on the spokes that prevents sheave slip.

I still have the sheave I started with on my triple wall Alex rims 14g disc brake wheel. That taught me about a stronger wheel. It can still be used on a proper 12g wheel.

Why don't you just paint the wheel you can get used or strip the black off?

He wants $150 extra for the black 105gauge GEBE rim. I can get a silver 105 gague GEBE rim from GEBE for $124 shipped free.

Well that sounds like a good bargaining point to get the cost down. Try and haggle, asking never hurt.

Are you forgetting the cost of sheave as well that balances out.

I got him down to $340 for the GEBE kit with a tanaka 32cc purefire,(it is like brand new) but he will not budge on the $150 extra GEBE rear wheel.

Back