GEBE 35 cc put on an Industrial Tricycle (x-tra heavy duty)

I was going to put this post under the Stanton topic/RackEm, but didn't know about the flamewar (happened while I was traveling in May...)

srdavo and haggard have thankfully volunteered to consult on this next project, so there is no muss, fuss or learning curve, I'll post as we go along.

I built the Velo trike for Joe, who has joined the forum, loves the wind in his face fun we enjoy, has a powder blue bike on my carport for his wife Janet.

Joe did a lot of research about trikes, and has picked a Workman PAV3, with 24" seat height being THE important consideration. Haggard is going to put that research in a "MOTHER OF ALL TRIKE KNOWLEDGE POST", sumpthin like 200 pics AND reviews.

So, first question is "Anybody have a PAV3 laying around the house?"

As I am a pure GEBE veteran, any special tools I need?

I'll do all my superduper tire/tube work, but I don't even own a drimel or chaincutter.... :???:

To the interested folks who pm'd me. THANKS and acknowledged.... 8) 8) 8)

I was hoping one of the trike folks would post ALL the trike info we have accumulated maybe in "Bikes/engines...."

I am tech challenged thanks to poor dialup connection, ever since I shot my phone line at Christmas, things haven't been up to par.. :???:

http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=311

(btw 54 more kids born since 6/27-but it's starting to taper off)

If I send a note, respond to the e-mail so I can foward Joe's huge peice of trike research.

Our project has doubled, and my customers, Joe and Dave have ordered identical PAV3's.

The upgrades to the tires alone should make these tricycles the "Hummers" of motor assisted transportation.

I spoke to Wayne at Worksman yesterday, who was VERY helpful, personally getting the two seperate orders tied together for production and shipping, and expediting the timeframe to possible 5 weeks.

http://worksmancycles.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/pav3.html

Also last week I spoke to Dave Staton, also very helpful. His website has a picture of a PAV3 with his 4 cycle R/S mounted.

But, based on his recommendations, our two trikes are going to use remote 96 oz. fuel tanks, attached in the baskets, for easier fillup and longer range capability.

These trikes may do the entire Natchez Trace and Blue Ridge Parkways from what I understand.

http://www.staton-inc.com/Details.asp?ProductID=3200

By the way, this project is also research for Joe and Dave, who are forming an AMBUC's chapter in Jefferson County. Ambucs provides trikes to disabled kids, and it may be a worthy charity for seperate MB.com members to assist... here's their link, check it out:

http://ambucs.org

Attachments

• psv.gif
    psv.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 584
  • pav3b-200.jpg
    pav3b-200.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 589
if you have your friends contact tom, i think he'd be more than happy to include that fine .org on our links page 8)

August 23 update:

This isn't a rant, just an observation.

Worksman and Staton both know I'm going to post these installs on MB.com, because the potential for tri-cycle installs will increase as gas prices rise.

Worksman expedited my order for the two PAV3's, cutting maybe two or three weeks off the downtime.

However, I've sent two short e-mails to Staton 10 days apart, a reply would seem to be a simple thing. I use bank certified checks, and there has been no acknowledgement of reciept.

Yesterday I repeated my request for shipping information, and a seperate instruction sheet for PAV3 installation, because the engines are going to Birmingham, not here.

No response.

I'll call Dave Staton today, but like I said, a simple reply to an e-mail would have been so much simpler. I know the engines were in stock when we talked initially, the first and only conversation.

If those trikes arrive before the engines, I'm going to be mildly irritated.

These engine companies/suppliers may one day realize that ranting about service on MB.com won't benefit them.

Customers rule, in my book.

Well, save me a phone call, everything is back to co-pacetic....

To: "Paul Crabtree" <bama_bikeguy@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Shipping confirmation- trike instructions.
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:07:40 -0500

Hi, They should ship today or Thursday.
David

See our web sites for more information at:
www.staton-inc.com &
www.motorizedwheelbarrow.com
Ph. & Fax: 405-605-3765
Our mailing address is:
STATON-INC.
3310 S. Brunson Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73119 USA

These trikes were supposed to arrive 2 weekends ago.....forget about having any MB.influence, ordering nearly $2,500 worth of transport....

Joe wrote today:

Hi Dave and Paul. I am glad I called Wayne Sosin at Worksman yesterday. I had received a call 2 weeks ago ( September 14) that said my trike was being shipped. Wayne learned that my trike was ready 2 weeks ago but was not shipped because they were waiting to ship it with Dave's which we had requested. Unfortunately, once Dave's trike was ready, no one had put the 2 trikes together to be shipped to the same address. I received a call today from Worksman that said both trikes were being shipped today (Friday) I am guessing we will receive them in 5 to 7 working days. Hopefully, we will have them and Paul can install the engines on them before I leave town for several days on October 16th. Hold your breath.....Joe E.

Worksman Tricycle division is the snail of the industrial world, in my humble opinion.

These trikes were supposed to arrive 2 weekends ago.....forget about having any MB.influence, ordering nearly $2,500 worth of transport....

...Worksman Tricycle division is the snail of the industrial world, in my humble opinion.
That makes two...

I ordered a bike from them, the ship estimate was 30-35 days and it took about 58 days to ship. The Worksmans are generally nice (heavy-duty) and don't cost a lot for what you get but do seem to take a while to arrive.

Back when I was waiting for mine I asked on a newsgroup if the long ship times were normal and of the few people who had Worksmans and responded, they'd all bought them used at industrial surplus sales. Not one had ordered one new, and they didn't know anything about the delivery times.
~

Back