GEBE Clutch slipping?

EXCELLENT DESRIPTION

And I believe I understand what you are describing. Very likely and I never thought that part could fail, but there it is.

If that is case, maybe call Julia or Dennis at GEBE cause you might have a warranty problem, or they will tell you what problem is. They are very nice and know their business. If I get it, you are saying the spindle the gear is on is buzzed, meaning that dark portion just inside the gear, right?

I uploaded pic of gear and clutch assy. Maybe they will send new assy...?

It also just occurred to me that if one (or parts of both) shoe is broken, that may also cause grinding and slippage, but...

Might remove from motor and take a look before you call, just to have all the answers.

667_52DRIVEHSG1_3.jpg

Re: EXCELLENT DESRIPTION

Hive said:
And I believe I understand what you are describing. Very likely and I never thought that part could fail, but there it is.

If that is case, maybe call Julia or Dennis at GEBE cause you might have a warranty problem, or they will tell you what problem is. They are very nice and know their business. If I get it, you are saying the spindle the gear is on is buzzed, meaning that dark portion just inside the gear, right?

I uploaded pic of gear and clutch assy. Maybe they will send new assy...?

It also just occurred to me that if one (or parts of both) shoe is broken, that may also cause grinding and slippage, but...

Might remove from motor and take a look before you call, just to have all the answers.

667_52DRIVEHSG1_3.jpg

OOooo I see whats wrong, You've got no belt :D

sorry I just had to

Kit-Shot2.GIF

you've got a much more compact driveline... my motor has the long goosey looking grey part that sticks off the motor as seen in the picture above. I wish I had a compact clutch assembly like yours!

Yes

That is the assy that is used with the 2-cycle motors GEBE first introduced with their kit, Zenoah. The Tanaka, Robins and others all use the one you see in the above pics.

"No belt!" - Good one! Funny!

I was starting to wonder about that too when I saw that pic. I will have the eho25 complete drive system here on Wednesday to put on a 15 speed bicycle. I am looking forward to see how that performs.

a wheel and clutch saving thread for me.

to me, break-in is about engine runtime and not miles on the bicycle. i have plenty of time, so i'm taking the load off the bike and the tiny clutch i obviously have to get used to...looks like i got more of a mellow cruiser now, instead of a smoky-bandit, but i think i can endure that hardship ;)

i changed to the #12 as soon as i searched "clutch slip" in the rack-forum and read this thread.

Spokes and Clutch

First of all SpeedyG, you are not alone with the spoke breakage issue and GEBE. I have had the same problem, and I can't honestly say if I've solved it yet. I just recieved my rebuilt rear wheel, consisting of a Sun RinoLite rim, a Shimano hub, and 10 guage spokes from "The Wheelmaster" in Auburn, WA. I have only put a little over 200 miles on these heavy spokes. My 14 guage spokes lasted maybe 2 weeks without breakage. Only time will tell. I think it takes time to find all the bugs in any kit. It's funny you should mention the clutch slipping, because I just called to price clutch shoes, and spring for my Robin Suburu 35cc. I think the clutch is already starting to slip a little with 500 miles on the motor. I feel that this is largely due to my weight, (over 350lbs), and the fact that I hadn't figured out just how to use my Eagle until recently. GEBE has only one gear, and that is "high". YOU have to "be" the low gear by strongly assisting the engine by pedaling, and maybe even shifting gears until the bike reaches around 15 mph, and then the engine is at an acceptable rpm to continue accelerating under it's power alone. Once you master this smooth transition from muscle to motor, you will experience much less wear on the clutch, and engine....not to mention less stress on the spokes from overtorquing the drive ring at speeds too low for the motor to handle alone. Remember that any peddling you do, is that much less flexing your spokes will endure under the torque of the drive ring during acceleration to your desired speed. At any rate, Good Luck.

Back