GEBE Engine Poll

How Did GEBE Engine Arrive Horizontal or Vertical Tank?

• 2-Cycle Vertical Tank

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 2-Cycle Horizontal Tank

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 4-Cycle Vertical Tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-Cycle Horizontal Tank

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't remember if I voted so here it is:

Hi Hive,

GEBE shipped me a Tanaka 40 engine with the gas tank in the horizontal position.

How's the weather in MN? Been fishin' yet?

Mary

Tanks and Fishin'

Hi Mary. Interesting numbers. Am mystified why GEBE sends the 40s horizontal and 33's vertical. I have a slightly bawdy speculation, but it is not PC...

I have not wet a line yet. Season just opened for steelhead on certain river in WI and have yet to go. Local school won NCAA DII basketball championship ... plus some other minor issues.

Finished the muffler thingy forthe 3300, but have to paint and test it...when weather warms to above 50.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi hive,

i think you meant to say 33s vertical, keeping a close eye on your homemade muffler, ps its going to be around 77s here today but riding around a city full of crazy drivers isnt much fun either.

Last edited:
Yes, Corrected

Thanks for heads-up, vegaspaddy...Indeed a brain-dead dude am I.
Gracias!

Just In Case

When you get on this thread, if you voted the poll, the site will indicate that you did so.

Opening thread or adding a comment is not the same as voting.

Just wanted all to be aware of that.

With over 400 views and less than ten votes, some may have different idea.

Am Slow to Get It Sometimes...

It could be,

GEBE once shipped Tanaka 33 and 40 engines pretty much the same way - say, with vertical tanks, but after learning about the variations in fuel line length, they might be just setting up easiest way:

If Tanaka ships engine to GEBE with shorter line, they set up for horizontal install; if line extends to bottom, vertical install...leaving it to customer to make change on horizontal engines???

But, who knows, save GEBE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back