GEBE Engine Poll

How Did GEBE Engine Arrive Horizontal or Vertical Tank?

• 2-Cycle Vertical Tank

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 2-Cycle Horizontal Tank

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 4-Cycle Vertical Tank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-Cycle Horizontal Tank

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
H

Hive

How did engine arrive?

Did GEBE set it up for Vertical or Horizontal gas tank install?

Reason for polling is that they seem to ship both ways, but when asked about it, appear to indicate a preference for horizontal set-up for T-3300s and vertical for T-4000s.

I received a T-3300 in vertical configuration, which is good for obvious reasons plus it sits lower, as GEBE notes on their site. Needs longer fuel pipe in vertical position, though.

I would have changed, had they sent it for horizontal install, however.

Seems odd, to some of us is all, so our curiosity was aroused...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oakie-Dokie!

Good one!

I was ambiguous. Thanks! I clarified the question...?

Added Info on Gas Tank Position

I should have added above that it appears the preferred gas tank position for 2-cycle engines is vertical, hose adjustment requirement notwithstanding.

4-cycle tank may have to be horizontal so oil level can be checked easily and/or added; that said, I believe vertical is better choice, for easier and higher capacity fill.

This may not seem a big deal, but it does influence use efficiency and ride quality, at least to me.

Moreover, when a newcomer receives a kit, it is assumed it was assembled by the fabricator for best use, and that seems not the case...which could plague the end-user with misunderstood problems on occasion.

great idea, Bob! Do a poll...

[COLOR=""]How did engine arrive?

Did GEBE set it up for Vertical or Horizontal gas tank install?[/COLOR]

Reason for polling is that they seem to ship both ways, but when asked about it, appear to indicate a preference for horizontal set-up for T-3300s and vertical for T-4000s.

I received a T-3300 in vertical configuration, which is good for obvious reasons plus it sits lower, as GEBE notes on their site. Needs longer fuel pipe in vertical position, though.

I would have changed, had they sent it for horizontal install, however.

Seems odd, to some of us is all, so our curiosity was aroused...

Curiosity didn't kill this cat (ie, you)...:D

Great idea to do a poll. Doggone, did I ever get back to you on what I found out from Dennis. I don't think I did. Sorry.

I started to write you a PM, then got to thinking, I might be making more of a mess for you than need be so I held off and then I forgot.

Bottom line, I didn't get a Yes or No answer from Dennis. It was ambiguous at best.

Mary

are ya talking about engine-rotation affecting warranty? den told me it wouldn't.

Carify

Just to be clear:

GEBE indicated engine position was NOT warranty problem, right?

Makes no difference how trimmer engines sit, from running angle, be they 2- or 4-cycle.

Mary, poll at top, add your 2-cents.

to be clear...yes, i was told "no" when i asked if mary would affect warranty by rotating the engine.

Curious Results

Although the poll already marks the trend in GEBE engine assembly configurations, it would be better with a larger number of responses.

That said, one is left to wonder why they would vary the 2-cycle engine position, instead of having a consistent method and rationale, customer preferences being the exception.

It remains curious.

hi hive,

as i mentioned in my build (just last week) my engine arrived with the engine in the vertical position and the fuel line pipe was already extended to reach to the bottom.

A BIG THUMBS UP TO THE GOLDEN EAGLE TEAM....

Back