GEBE exhaust / muffler mod

Hive's Muffler

Experiment was a flop. Took pics off because I thought someone might try it thinking it was a good idea.

Thing is, the heat melted solder and the rig came off and could have made a mess on a busy street...

It did not reduce noise either.

But, that link that shows the JetPro extra muffler gt me thinking that the little pipe they make, without the hose clamps etc, might dothe trick, particularly if thatplastic material does not melt and can be used easily.

Will give that some thought.

HIVE:

The picture I wanted Jemma and all the other potential modifiers to see was the one with the hole drilled in the plastic muffler opening, where you could put a screwdriver thru and tighten the hoseclamp onto the exhaust.

JEMMA:

40-45 mp 22oz. tank is average ONCE the engine hits peak, maybe 200-250 miles under the hood.

Here You Go - T-3300 Hole at Exhaust Port

I went out and took another pic. Had trashed the original pics of the pipe.

This is what you asked for, the access hole. Angle is from low rear upward.

Attachments

• Hole at exhaust port.jpg
    Hole at exhaust port.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 349
Last edited by a moderator:
High Performance will be when she hooks a whole six-pack of cans, wraps the alum tail in Christmas blinking lights.

They won't hear the motor, but durn sure will see her in the mirror.

thats a realy hi performance muffler

Thanks, I think....

It wasnt really planned - it just sorta happened and seems to work ok - and I dont have the cash or the skills to make a proper professional version.

I want a quiet bike because the things arent exactly entirely legal over here and as I am on benefits right now I dont have the money to buy £70 worth of tuned pipe and muffler...

I might end up removing it if its too much hassle, but considering it was accomplished with a pair of scissors, cable ties and all in all cost me (in that version) about £4 I'm not too upset...

Jemma xx

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great thread, Kudos on the exhaust - we love to see what kinds of ideas people have!

Vaughn
Gebe

Cool someone may be listening. I think the sound level is one of the important concerns of rack mount riders. We don't ride imitation Harleys. Most of us don't want them to sound like it.

Muffler

If you recall, my reason for using the pipes was to move the noise away from ear on the recumbent. The T-3300 makes a lot of fan noise etc, so it turned out to be impractical venture.

I started motor one day and let it idle, walking about 30 yards distant. Noise was minimal and guessed at speed it was not that bad if farther away, so forgot the idea.

The little Jet-Pro extension muffler, mentioned above, did get my attention and I plan to inquire on the pipe measurements and see if I can make it work and if it has a positive effect on reducing noise somewhat ...

Picture Jet Pro

This is item am talking about.

Attachments

• fd787jetprosilencersmall.jpg
    fd787jetprosilencersmall.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 336
Back