GEBE first ride

Eco Speeder

Local time
2:54 PM
Dear friends,

So I got it all together today and it seemed to be humming along properly.

I was super unimpressed by the pull though. Could that be due to the new-ness of the clutch? It was easy to engage/grip at the right seeming rpm I could tell.

Michael

Last edited:
eco', what you feel is what you get...in the ongoing debate about belt/chain/gears/sprockets, folks tend to forget that at this small weight/power class, belt-drive can easily hold it's own...your "surprise" is not uncommon, the pleasure never really fades away, either...just like the pull won't fade so long as you take care of your engine :cool:

Last edited:
Dear friends,

So I got it all together today and it seemed to be humming along properly.

I was super unimpressed by the pull though. Could that be due to the new-ness of the clutch? It was easy to engage/grip at the right seeming rpm I could tell.

Michael

Hi Michael,

Which motor do you have?

The 26/2 and the 25/4 scooby will be a little gutless at first but they do run in over time - because they are high grade engines with plated bores it takes time - but the advantage is they are very hard to destroy.

mine is the 32/2 motor and that was a little weak at first with a max of 28mph - 500 miles-ish later and im getting upto 32-33 on the flat at WOT.

Also check, if the bike is not new, that there is no dragging from maladjusted brakes and old grease and general gunge in wheels etc - with the borderline levels of power these engines produce even thick gunged up grease etc can slow things down..

merry meet

Jemma xx

Hi Michael,

Which motor do you have?

The 26/2 and the 25/4 scooby will be a little gutless at first but they do run in over time - because they are high grade engines with plated bores it takes time - but the advantage is they are very hard to destroy.

mine is the 32/2 motor and that was a little weak at first with a max of 28mph - 500 miles-ish later and im getting upto 32-33 on the flat at WOT.

Also check, if the bike is not new, that there is no dragging from maladjusted brakes and old grease and general gunge in wheels etc - with the borderline levels of power these engines produce even thick gunged up grease etc can slow things down..

merry meet

Jemma xx

Perhaps I should have mentioned that the maiden ride barely went a mile. Everything seemed dialed in good and proper but the throttle cable pulled off the carb; it's only held in by a wee bit of tinning at the end of the cable which refused to re-seat itself.

I took the bike out today; the fix having set. Certainly more giddy-up off the line compared to the friction drive. :) But every time I approach a stop my hand goes for the big clutch/drive lever which is no longer there:)

It's a 43cc Mit btw with a velocity stack and exhaust manifold spacer.

Michael

Last edited:
you can keep that clutch in great condition by pedaling from stops, great kit huh?

Indeed good advice.

Having come off a friction drive; if I were not keen to work with the motor I would have been left on the side of the road long ago in a haze of tire smoke and frustration.

Michael

"Why settle for going fast when you can go faster?"

Back