GEBE Hi-Po

J

JemmaUK

Hey,

While even the standard basic 25.4cc two-banger is perfectly suitable for the smaller sized or the english leggy blonde I have been reading that there seems to be a distinct lack of suppliers and knowledge of performance setup for the GEBE sized engines... a 46/65/70 sat at backside height would provide a lovely amount of power but would be horribly unstable and talk about headache...

There are various outfits making tuned pipes for the 260 zenoah engine - but no information if they fit the other zenoah... and I dont have the engineering tools or expertise or money to see if they do or dont.. *sigh*

Since alot of the people on here are clinically insane where speed is concerned lol (and this is not a bad thing) and on another thread someone has managed to wring 53mph out of a GEBE - why not ask GEBE to do what chrysler did and produce a standard/med/high performance option with the relevant pricing. We could end up with a GEBE equivalent of the old 440 6-pack (remember them?) which could then be tuned further by the home hobbyists among us... boost bottle anyone?

Its just an idea.... any comments?

Jemma xx

Hey,

why not ask GEBE to do what chrysler did and produce a standard/med/high performance option with the relevant pricing. We could end up with a GEBE equivalent of the old 440 6-pack (remember them?) which could then be tuned further by the home hobbyists among us... boost bottle anyone?

Its just an idea.... any comments?

Jemma xx

I think it is hassle enough just to get the engines themselves, much less offering modified displacements. EPA testing and all...

The high speeds are achieved in the different sizes of drivegears, I haven't used the 14-tooth since Winter 2006 testing, didn't know so many folks are using it everyday.

Easiest way to "increase performance" would be to sell your existing bike to a friend/relative and upgrade on the comfort level first, speed limits second (which has a LOT to do with your "break-in procedure").

yeah it is not likely you will see that... alot of legal issues can be caused by messin with engines too much, out of the box that is.

Alot of states have fairly strict laws on the motorized bikes. In fact most dont want you going over 25 mph. Many straight up classify them as a moped, but as most of you should know these arent mopeds. DE gets around alot of that because there kits dont in anyway interfere with the bike when it is dissengaged, its just a rack with a small engine hanging off it. gebe does about the same thing but they are on a slightly tighter rope cus that belt still make contact with the belt ring. even statons are made to be dissengageble, but they mostly rely on the freewheel of the centrifical clutch.

As bama said its all about the gears you have on it and on top of that the engine you use.

Dennis answered the phone Thurs morn, hadn't talked to him in a while, we knocked out about 10 ideas in thirty minutes.

The answer, my friends, to THIS topic, is a carb kit, about $85.

He put it on Julia's T-33, and she is up an additional 3 mph.

I don't have the name of the kit, if anybody is interested, reply below and I'll hunt it down.

And re-emphasisizing the break-in was side by side racing my brother last weekend, him on the Greygeezer T-33, me on Rocinante Z-25 (with 6,000 miles more or less), and the little 25cc stayed right with it, except uphill, where the 21 speed cassettes kicked in waaaaaaaay earlier than my 7 speed.

Last edited:
Hi Bama,

I have seen the kit you mention on various go-ped sites - it does seem a little strange to me though.

The standard carb from what I can see is a twin venturi and this one seems to be a single venturi one...

As to the noise issue.. as long as you use a stock exhaust I cant see the engine being noisier and setting up a cruise throttle would solve the inquisitive police.

Around my way its mostly country roads so its not so much of a problem :D

Jemma xx

...... and setting up a cruise throttle would solve the inquisitive police.

Around my way its mostly country roads so its not so much of a problem :D

Morning Jemma (afternoon to you),

My cruise control is about a 6 inch piece of heavier gauge wire, twisted into an oval shape, that stays on my right hand grip.

Country roads are SO much more enjoyable when you can slide that wire onto the throttle, free up you right hand for waving at the pedestrians !!!

You'll find, especially in the rural riding, you are using that cruise controll all the time!

good morning :)

LOL - I do like to make things complicated dont I. I was thinking of somehow making a friction throttle with a second cable back to the motor...

I didnt even *think* of just using a clip for the standard throttle..

Its been raining solidly here for over 8 hours- I hate England *sigh*

Jemma xx

"Britain - a country only a druid could love..." Casiel Mor

I admire Euro "hardware", like your doors and windows, look a lot better than our mass produced junk.

Food for druid thought, think 2008, you could ship your engine to the states via UPS, hook it onto a bike, see the colonies for $10 a day like I do.

Give you something to do, Alabama to Minnesota is what I'm thinking of doing, and google mapping gives you all sorts of potential ways of getting good and lost....

Clinically insane?

Makes sense to me...

Me, folks? I like it on the slow side. Fifteen mph is fast for me.

Besides, don't you think at some point the normal bicycle is going to complain?

Maybe get a Honda Passport?

Exhaust Whaddya Think?

Pic from Dave's RC Cars Exhausts

I think it is a Jetpro item, not sure. But, if small enough,maybe a possibility...?

Cost is $29. I think.

Attachments

• fd548jetprosilencer.jpg
    fd548jetprosilencer.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 406
Back