GEBE Long Distance Riders - Add a Tank for 50 oz of Extra Fuel

thank you AndyT...it was your choice of tank that inspired this one...kevin went single-line because he owns my old 32 and its' tank already had a 3rd hole.

the bracket's overbuilt, so i don't expect he'll ever have any problems with it...the design's all his with only my minimal input. a year ago he barely knew basic bicycle care...now the guy knows small-engines & fabrication, too, and rides full-time rain or shine...man i LOVE these bikes :cool:

4 new pics added of his finished MB: http://www.motoredbikes.com/album.php?albumid=454

bump...looks like maybe some topics could be merged...it's not what kind of tank but the theory that the new guys need to learn...this method will work on ANY system that uses a utility engine with a diaphragm carburetor.

Last edited:
Not to worried about bring up older threads, but I could not resist saying first how clean this mod looks and clearly functional... one thing after reading the whole thread is nobody mentioned about putting the tank on the opposite side of the motor, would this be a better COG option? +1 for proffesional quality I'm starting to dig this hobby.

Either side would be fine. The weight is just insignificant. Eye appeal would place it on the opposite side. I have mounted 2 bikes on the same side just to acquire the shortest tube lengths. As far as any trouble; you should make sure the one whole you drill into your main tank is just small enough and clean enough to seal the tube when inserted.

PS I have a folding carry bag mounted on the opposite side, just added.

Back