GEBE Long Distance Riders - Add a Tank for 50 oz of Extra Fuel

Great to hear that it went so well!

I have one question tough. I wonder what will happen when your stock tank runs dry? It probably will suck air and stop the auxiliary tank from supplying gas.

Better test it out to see.........

Great to hear that it went so well!

I have one question tough. I wonder what will happen when your stock tank runs dry? It probably will suck air and stop the auxiliary tank from supplying gas.

Better test it out to see.........

yep I thought of that... it suck the gas so slowly it still extends the range significantly. It seems to be pulling more out of the auxiliary tank. I will post up more info over the next couple of days.

Please post pics because for some reason I cannot see Andy's pics and I desperately want to add one to my bike.
I can't wait. Thanks for the post Andy and thanks for the links as well.

SS

I just installed mine... very easy, it took maybe an hour and a half. And good news... it definitely works on the robin subaru eh035!!! Its easy... all you have to do is run the fuel lines from the auxiliary tank up the support strap under the tank to the existing fuel lines, there is even a nice place to run the lines between the engine and the existing tank. Then use a plastic t fitting (available at home depot) to splice the auxiliary lines to the existing lines. It sucks from both tanks simultaneously.

Big ups to andyT for coming up with a great solution to our capacity problem... now I dont have to carry a Listerine bottle in my ammo can. THANKS!!!

If anybody is interested I will post some pics....

Please post pics because for some reason I cannot see Andy's pics and I desperately want to add one to my bike.
I can't wait. Thanks for the post Andy and thanks for the links as well.

SS

Very strange that you can't see the pics. They are hosted at ImageShack, so unless you have a p*orn blocker that is denying access, I have no idea what's going on. Can you see other pics on the forum?

Try this link. http://yfrog.com/0limg3469uj
If it works I can post the pics for you in a link form.

If that doesn't work, I can email you a link to the pics directly. They are large, so I hope you have a good connection.

Let me know bud.

You got it...I can't see image shack photos at work. Link form is best.
Thanks I would appreciate it.

Very strange that you can't see the pics. They are hosted at ImageShack, so unless you have a p*orn blocker that is denying access, I have no idea what's going on. Can you see other pics on the forum?

Try this link. http://yfrog.com/0limg3469uj
If it works I can post the pics for you in a link form.

If that doesn't work, I can email you a link to the pics directly. They are large, so I hope you have a good connection.

Let me know bud.

nevermind, it's not worth getting worked up over.

y'all miss out on a lot of info 'cuz you won't search or read.

Last edited:
I could be guilty of this because I must admit, I find it difficult to find what I need in all of the information on here and when I do find it, it's usually in reference to a differnet engine. I can appreciate your frustration after having already posted this numerous times because I know that I must've asked "how to" a couple times myself. I saw the thread you referred to but I don't have a vented cap so I wasn't sure how that would work with my engine. I have three lines coming out of my tanaka tank and I still don't know which ones do what. If it's not already obvious, I don't know much about these things.
That said, your posts have been a great resource to me. In fact, your part of the reason I chose the GEBE setup and I have been extremely happy with it so for all you do...this Buds for you!

http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/icetankard800.jpg

SS

i say big up's to andy for a nice choice of tank, a great mounting method, and a marvelous post...but:

this thread's been here for almost 2 years, it clearly lays out the GEBE-recommended system as given to me by den...a single-line for drawing off the extra tank first, then using the main tank as visual reserve. no return-line hassle. it's not my idea, i only posted den's information, but the point i'm making is that y'all could have been doing this for a long time now...and i've actually posted that link multiple times in multiple requests for tank-info...and i'll be danged if everyone doesn't pass right over it & keep asking "how?"...every time i've tried to help someone with this issue it's as if i'm talking to myself, and now i see "finally a solution" ?

ok, yes, i admit i take it personal when it happens like that...i couldn't care less about credit for something that's not my idea, but doggone it's insulting nonetheless to see remarks like the above...folks have been using extra tanks for years around here, some really neat ones too...and the info's been here all along.

andyT, this is not personal, but it "sox the big one" to see that stuff after all i've done around here...as i originally mentioned, your tank & mount is just what the doctor ordered for gebe setups, and the "how to" post is perfect...thanks for pitching in :)

nope, i won't be drawn into a p'ing contest over this, but it ain't no fun being p'd on either so i had to say something. carry on...i'll stay out of repeat issues in the future, but y'all are missing out on a TON of good info 'cause you won't search or read.

Last edited:
tried to delete my "rant" but busted anyway.

the last post in that topic was recently made because someone ;) needed to know what to do with a tanaka 40cc...

a bit of forum-usage advice: whenever you see a helpful topic anywhere, bump it by asking your question there, it keeps it going and growing for the next folks to use. most folks prefer to start a new repeat topic, and that's WHY the info's so fragmented and hard to find.

it doesn't matter what extra tank you use, it only matters that it has a vent and one line from it into the top of the main tank. if the extra tank you use has 2 lines, just plug the one you don't need.

to repeat: imo, andy's choice of tank and his mounting method is great for the GEBE system :)

Last edited:
the last post in that topic was recently made because someone ;) needed to know what to do with a tanaka 40cc...and a bit if forum-usage advice: when you see a topic like that, bump it by asking your question there, it keeps it going and growing for the next folks to use.

it doesn't matter what extra tank you use, it only matters that it has a vent and one line from it into the top of the main tank. if the extra tank you use has 2 lines, just plug the one you don't need.

to repeat: imo, andy's choice of tank and his mounting method is great for the GEBE system :)

I saw Den's method a while back, but did not want to drill an extra hole in my stock tank. Both ways work, and both ideas are great. Also both ideas came from someone else, so none of us can claim it was ours. ;)

BUT, if I had a Tanaka 40 (I do actually, but not on the GEBE), I would probably use the method that augidog posted. I have 3 40 tanks anyway.

Back