GEBE question (break in)

astring

Local time
4:24 PM
I have about 600-700 miles on my EHO35. Is that close to end of break in period? What performance increase can I expect? thanks

Hmmmm, honestly I'll be interested in what others think.

I have a eho35 on a Staton set-up and thought such a small engine would be broken in with 10 hours use max.

don is running the EHO35, he's a meticulous mechanic & changes the oil at 10 hours (he has an ENM Tach/Meter) like clockwork. he's at 800 miles, and he feels that the engine is seated...he never fails to get a 1st-pull start & and is clocking 225mpg at 26-28mph with the 12T @ approx. 8000RPM.

the thing is that with a small 4-stroke, you're not gonna notice a "surge" in performance so much as a new "smoothness" (thru the entire range) that'll curl yer toes...keep us posted :cool:

Last edited:
I have about 600-700 miles on my EHO35. Is that close to end of break in period? What performance increase can I expect? thanks

You may not believe this, but I have been informed by Robin quite a while ago break-in is measured at 2000 hours.

You may not believe this, but I have been informed by Robin quite a while ago break-in is measured at 2000 hours.

Holy cow...

2000 hours is a full time job for an entire year! Just came up with the idea of being a full time engine break in technician!

Would make for a very nice relaxing job!

don is running the EHO35, he's a meticulous mechanic & changes the oil at 10 hours (he has an ENM Tach/Meter) like clockwork. he's at 800 miles, and he feels that the engine is seated...he never fails to get a 1st-pull start & and is clocking 225mpg at 26-28mph with the 12T @ approx. 8000RPM.

the thing is that with a small 4-stroke, you're not gonna notice a "surge" in performance so much as a new "smoothness" (thru the entire range) that'll curl yer toes...keep us posted :cool:

I am just hitting that point. i hit 28 a few days ago with the standard gear.

Back