GEBE Tension Arm/Belt Junp Issues Solved

Thanks for the tips guys. I now have a spare belt and spare spring in my back pack. Augidog, it's nice to know that even YOU don't have a trued wheel ring! That tension arm going back and forth drives me crazy.

The secret to having a centered ring is to buy the 105ga wheel and drive ring form GEBE, and have Dennis mount the ring for you. It will perfectly centered, and epoxied in place.

If you built a jig to center your drive ring on the wheel and epoxied it, the results should be the same.

TYhis still won;t stop the tension arm from moving a bit, but it sure helps.

indeed...the 2 gebe-built rear wheels i get to observe are so smooth it's unbelievable...the older one (my old wheelset) is coaster & still alive & kicking on cruzin's mongoose, the newer one on keve's gary-fisher is freewheel and wow is all i can say.

my hand-cut drivering (for my super-duty 9G wheel) does have some hop to it, but i'm within 1/8" of my spoke-marks one way or t'other...a finely-maintained tensioner makes the variance almost un-noticable.

Thanks for the tip on the nylon washer. I have the same problem when riding against a hard headwind or uphill. I will try the washer and see if that helps.

Back