GEBE throttle setup question

The thumb throttle was bothering me so I switched it over to a twist throttle...
:cool:

How ya doing Rif?

Long distance on the smaller 2 cycles, that thumb throttle nice because 80% of the time it can be held down with a wire, to operate wide open, and you can move that right hand any which way you choose.

The 40cc Tanaka like you have is a different beast, but on mine with the 33cc, any time I'm out of urban situations, I slide that wire over the throttle.

I'm thinking about taking a 1,000-1,500 miler next month on the recumbent with the R/S 4 stroke, and am just wondering how much I'll miss that "cruise controlability".

Speaking of: has anybody done long distance with the 4 stroke yet? I haven't seen the thread if they have.

Last edited:
Notch the grip like Zevo said and use 1 or 2 zip ties, thats what I did to all 4 of my bikes, works great!!!

Attachments

• !cid_media1.jpg
    !cid_media1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 220
  • 01-03-09_1151.jpg
    01-03-09_1151.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 221
Hey all,
I guess I should have clarified that comment as I've had a couple of messages about it. There's NOTHING WRONG with a thumb throttle
I've had the thumb throttle on many other M/B's I've had, and the thumb throttle works fine. and on long distance rides, it's fabulous for (as Bama said) you can use a wire tie to hold the throttle for those looooooong open stretches.
I just didn't want it on Black Sunshine, I wanted a twist throttle. Again, the squeeze throttles are a fine control, and one can notch the grip to get it to sit solidly in position. I've never had any problems with this type control, I just didn't want it on Sunshine...
Thanks guys!

Hose Clamp ****

Just got back from home depot,Lowes, walmart etc...
Can't find a hose clamp that's 1/4 inch wide and with enough diameter to fit around grip, They are all 1/2", and wont fit through the slot in the gebe throttle housing.

:confused:

You have to grind both sides, or if you don't have a grinder, take a flat file, and taper the end, (maybe an inch-inch and a half) not quite to the slots in the adjustable strap.

When you can push that tapered end through the throttle slot, grab it with a pair of pliers and yank it through.

yup, i notched the grip on my first install, and the method hasn't failed me since...flatten the tiny curve on the end of the clip to get a great fit, one zip-tie to tighten things up just enuff.

btw...i don't call it a thumb-throttle...i call it a trigger!! once you learn just how light a touch you need, and stop "squeezin' harder to make it go faster" the fatigue will all but disappear :cool:

Last edited:
btw...i don't call it a thumb-throttle...i call it a trigger!! once you learn just how light a touch you need, and stop "squeezin' harder to make it go faster" the fatigue will all but disappear :cool:

That's exactly it too. It took awhile (my first M/B) but once I figured that one out, it's smooth sailin'...

I prefer the stock gebe trigger!, you can move it around to fight "fatigue". My bike has fallen enough that the cable housing crimped so it offers a bit of poor mans cruise control, need a new kickstand!

Back