GEBE/USPD Hybrid...an awesome accident!

it came to me in the middle of the nite, i swear...i popped up out of bed and went in to have a look...

i sed "self, we can do that."

we did do it...my golden eagle/currie hybrid, fully functional...

gas-throttle on the right, electric-controller on the left.

yes, as long as i'm in the proper speed-range, i can switch from anything to anything...on the fly!!! :cool:

Attachments

• MVC-287F.JPG
    MVC-287F.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 959
  • Mvc-289f.jpg
    Mvc-289f.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 608
  • MVC-288F.JPG
    MVC-288F.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 625
  • MVC-290F.JPG
    MVC-290F.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 584
  • Mvc-291f.jpg
    Mvc-291f.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 599
  • Mvc-292f.jpg
    Mvc-292f.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 573
WOAH! That looks like the Wal Mart drive gear. Now you can really up that GEBE gearing.
Is that the Wal Mart e-bike parts?
(edit) upon closer inspection it is not the Wal Mart offering.
What is it like to ride?

Very Sweet!!

that worked out nice!!

hmmmm..... with this set-up, you could add taller pedal gears, to pedal assist toward your next top speed!!

do ya follow me?

I don't understand the benefit of it. Or is it just to say you could do it.

Run out of gas? No problem!

Run a high gear on the GEBE drive? Start off electric then at speed have GEBE take over!

Increased fuel mileage.

Epic win all around,and Augi's example doesn't look bulky at all.

hehe, yeah, jimmy, since you're obviously so aware of the importance of making something like this work, even tho it is an early primitive attempt...yes, it is just to say i could do it..."it" being walkin' it instead of talkin' it.

and guys, this thing is really cool...ask wavy, he just watched me use all 3 modes, starting one after the other as i needed it...so, now, instead of man & machine, i have man & machine & machine!

davo, that's a 52/18 pedal ratio...you would sooo love to check this bad baby out :)

now, let's see what we can do with that 24V generator vinnie sent me... :cool:

Last edited:
hehe, yeah, jimmy, since you're obviously so aware of the importance of making something like this work, even tho it is an early primitive attempt...yes, it is just to say i could do it..."it" being walkin' it instead of talkin' it.

and guys, this thing is really cool...ask wavy, he just watched me use all 3 modes, starting one after the other as i needed it...so, now, instead of man & machine, i have man & machine & machine!

davo, that's a 52/18 pedal ratio...you would sooo love to check this bad baby out :)

now, let's see what we can do with that 24V generator vinnie sent me... :cool:
Sweet!

Augi, that 24V generator sounds like just the beast that thing needs. I'd (assuming there is room) put two e-clutches on the engine output shaft, one to the gebe drive, the other to the generator set up in a rack-mounted frame parallel to the engine - when the engine isn't pushing the bike, let it run at max efficiency to provide electricity for the motor and charging the battery pack.

Very nice first implementation.

how about i just gravity-hang the generator off the back of the GEBE mount? gear it right and let it be a friction-drive. this is too easy. the "not too easy" part is the circuitry.

but i need a break...this thing rocks as is for now, finally i can get down to business. i thought i was building a vehicle to use while i finish the racer, now i'm seeing what's just been created...no way i take this one back apart.

this one's a keeper & needs a name :cool:

Last edited:
Back