Gebe

Bonefish

Local time
8:55 AM
I've got a robin subaru eh035 sitting around and tomorrow I should have a Tanaka pf-4000.

I'm thinking about getting a GEBE. What are your thoughts(anyone)? I've already had 2 china girls, a staton shifter, 2 friction drives, and now a scooterguy/shifter with a honda gx35 on it. Anyone with GEBE experience with multiple years experience with one and does it sound like a good move? Thanks

I've got a robin subaru eh035 sitting around and tomorrow I should have a Tanaka pf-4000.

I'm thinking about getting a GEBE. What are your thoughts(anyone)? I've already had 2 china girls, a staton shifter, 2 friction drives, and now a scooterguy/shifter with a honda gx35 on it. Anyone with GEBE experience with multiple years experience with one and does it sound like a good move? Thanks

if you want a super reliable all weather commuter setup with unsurpassed fuel economy, then the GEBE is what you want. i own 2 of them. one is 5 years old with 2,000+ miles (now used by the wife). the 2nd one is a year old with 3,800 miles and counting. i commute 25 miles daily, up to 6 days a week in light rain, freeze, light snow, and 110F+ Texas heat. take a look at my album and you can see whats up.

Thanks, I just ordered the GEBE Mount kit with a #13 gear for either the Subaru Robin or the Tanaka PF-4000. Ordered the HD rear wheel with it.

GEBE ran out of wheels over the Memorial day holiday. So my kit had to wait till today to get shipped out. I got a tracking number today. If the bike I'm going to put the GEBE kit on has a 7 speed cassette should I buy.........................................................
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191153065299?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

to go with the HD GEBE wheel or does it come with the spacer/adjuster? Thanks

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have had a golden eagle bike kit since 2007 suburu 35 cc ive got 9800 miles very dependable in tha period of time I have used 3 belts an dhad the engine bracket welded twice

As implied, simple is best. GEBE is simple. How may posts deal with fixing or repairing? How many of those deal with a GEBE product? The suckers run and run a long time. You can add a fuel tank and unique stuff, but bottom line is carefree run time. Simple as that!

Last edited:
I never tried a GEBE kit myself but I have been getting around on a Staton Inc. friction drive bike powered by a Honda GX35 for about a year now & hardly had any problems with it & I use it regularly.

Last edited:
I never really had the opportunity to try the GEBE out. RS-68 was introduced which states you must have your motorbike registered and tagged and cannnot ride on the sidewalks so I sold the GEBE and bought a Honda Ruckus which I have been riding now for a year.

I sold the Honda Ruckus after 2 years of use. I put 6,400 miles on it, but I rode it in traffic. I was holding up traffic so I bought a more powerful scooter. I have almost had it now for a year but it is too fast. It is a Yamaha Zuma 125. I keep up with traffic, but I don't feel as safe as I did riding on sidewalks as I did with a motorized bicycle. So I decided to build my dream bike. It will be a GEBE with Velocity 105 G wheel with a Robin Subaru EH035 engine. The bike will be an Electra Townie 21D. I bought the GEBE off of ebay used with less than one hour of use on it, Similar to the one I sold to Cpuaid, and bought a NWT Robin Subaru EH035 off of ebay witch I got a good price on. Standby for picts.

Back