Generator/Bump motor

Local time
5:54 AM
Not sure where to post this but how can you 'jackshaft' a 350watt electric motor/generator that looks like this.
freeenergy01[gs].jpg

These are the exact same things as a scooter motor. It takes @.5 HP to turn it at it's 'max'.If we could link them to the gas engine (specialized shift kit?)then we run 2 controllers to them, one being the electric bike controller that ebike uses are familiar the other a solar/wind charge controller. We well may have to put a switch that stops the flow of electric to one then the either controller so we don't create a feedback loop.... Been playing with solar/wind power since 2010 in off grid ’poorboy' ways. Ran my idea by my dad over the phone the old man worked for DOE back in the day he said the idea wasn't only fesiable but rather efficient as that's how Jets planes usually do it, their starter motor is their generator.... Almost all the components exist online just not the shift kit.....

Attachments

• 51XT9n8R5oL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    51XT9n8R5oL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 24vo35unspvo_3.jpg
    24vo35unspvo_3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 200
Not sure where to post this but how can you 'jackshaft' a 350watt electric motor/generator that looks like this.View attachment 84267

These are the exact same things as a scooter motor. It takes @.5 HP to turn it at it's 'max'.If we could link them to the gas engine (specialized shift kit?)then we run 2 controllers to them, one being the electric bike controller that ebike uses are familiar the other a solar/wind charge controller. We well may have to put a switch that stops the flow of electric to one then the either controller so we don't create a feedback loop.... Been playing with solar/wind power since 2010 in off grid ’poorboy' ways. Ran my idea by my dad over the phone the old man worked for DOE back in the day he said the idea wasn't only fesiable but rather efficient as that's how Jets planes usually do it, their starter motor is their generator.... Almost all the components exist online just not the shift kit.....
Jack shaft?? You mean a freewheel adapter?? You don’t need to jackshaft per say if the gear is on the right side. Do you want this E bike to have gears??
https://motoredbikes.com/threads/jackshaft-project-cont.53849/
https://motoredbikes.com/threads/20thou-variance.53821/
https://motoredbikes.com/threads/got-a-shift-kit.53800/#post-473548
https://motoredbikes.com/threads/confusion-on-jackshaft-kits.53788/#post-473476

Last edited:
Can we have 3 chains to the pedal's chainrings? Hope I am using the right words. One from the shift kit from gas engine, and another from an electronic generator/motor, and the last from us back... Not 100% on how those shift kits tie in...
A Does it make it we can 'shift' from where pedaling will not spin the engine to where pedaling will?
B If so Can we adapt it to mount a small scooter motor/wind generator under the bottom of the frame beneath the wngine or behind our back seat that also can 'shift' in?
If so then we could use the generator/motor as a decent size generator and a real slick person could make it the recharging hybrid gas electric.
Slap a 24 volt 250 watt front hub on front with a 24 volt 250 to 350watt either wind generator or electronic scooter motor when in electric mode a 700 watt bike when under gas recharging at 350 watts minus the charge controller s efficiency with only @a 0.5 loss of HP on the gas side. These 350 wat motors only weigh 4 to 5 pounds. There are many versions with either longer, and skinny bodies; or short , and fat ones. Even if only tied in as a generator not as a dual engine/generator it would give us more than enough power for lights, I've been reading alot on these forms I'm sure there are a few guys that would trade .5 how for 350 watts of power for lights.... And airhorns

Yes. I had this in mind but I will do a separate gas generator on the rear rack that will charge and provide partial power to a 3000W mid drive with a sizable battery bank (1.2 kWh+). I like this way better as it reduces the number of components that can go wrong with a duo drive system and hopefully eliminates cogging/motor resistance with the free wheel when coasting. Just waiting for Black Friday deals.

Gas generators are loud these china 2stroke engines can be pretty quite gas power, the test with gas generators charging a electric bikes is you still have 3 motors and the generator doesn't seem to provide the same gas mileage. (Not 100% sure bout that but from things I've read in the forum seems to indicate that.) The china girls like to run at 4k to 6k rpms? Those motor/generators like 2.5k to 32k rpms on average.

Another way I was think is taking a science project 30 to 60 watt 12 volt generator and using it in a custom bracket as a chain tensioner.... (unfortunately I'm no fabractor more of a tinkerer)
Less watts to recharge the batterys but enough for charging a battery dome and running decent lights...

Well short term goal I want to produce at least 50 watts of electrical 12 volt or 24 volt power from a generator that's connected in someway to my drivetrain powered by my gas engine connected to a small battery to power lights. The after market magento generator add on doesn't seem that promising from all the threads I have read..
Think my wife will let me order some small generator online this check... Maybe I can rig a chain tensioner that houses it.

Long term I want to tie in at least a 24 volt 350 but no greater than 48 volt 1000 watt generator into the drivetrain. I think a 1000 watt would take more weight than it's worth but the 350 watt generator/motor seems that right balance it could run the 250 watt front hub motor and still run lights yes I hear people saying but that will add resistance to the engine and I will lose power in the transfer...That is fine the take off power between 3 motors may make up for that drag when charging Get to a comfortable cruising speed quickly then flip to recharge mode when cruising and slowing down. I want the fabled bike the Prius of bikes without plugging into a wall lots of the summer I have no way to charge an ebike... So I need to blend the 2 I know it's almost been done or been done on a larger platform aka (trike or pusher trailer.) Or done as a generator behind on rack.
But I need something that can mount on my rv bike rack, ride trails in electric mode and when in gas on streets recharges... I need too much

See I have 95 watts of solar on my roof of my rv. It's enough to run some lights and the fans maybe the radio if batteries are getting too full. During the winter I'm at a RV campground that has all the hook ups but during the summer many weeks are off grid and I can't /will not run my RV generator 4 to 6 hours to recharge a bike. I do alot of my riding at night becaude I get off work between 10:30 pm to 11:30pm,So at to that point I want want bright lights and noise to ride on the rode not total stealth down the bike paths then because there are BEARS on the DAMN bike paths at night... And Tweakers.... More worried about the Tweakers.

Last edited:
it would look kind of funky, but magnets on spokes and copper wire windings on forks and some diodes and a transistor will generate voltage. wanna experiment, or are you looking for just something already engineered you can adapt to mb's?

Back