Georgia

What part of Atlanta do you ride in? If you're staying in residential areas, I doubt it would be a problem, but im looking for something to commute to work in.

Atl

I ride in Atlanta on the east side.. Little 5 Points, 4th ward, VAhi area.. I haven't been pulled over yet..and I don't even wear a helmet! I usually kill the engine and start the pedals when I see the pigs though.

ga unite! I ride out of warner robins and get around quite a bit. Lets hope they don't try to reg. us. I do wear a helmet and try the fake pedal thing but all the cops around here know of me anyways.

The Georgia law doesn't say anything about pedals. If you put a gasoline motor on it, and its less than 49CC its a moped. Put a bigger gasoline motor on it, and its a motorcycle in Georgia. Wish it weren't so, because its keeping me from building one, but that is the way it is I am afraid in Georgia. If they are gonna treat me like a motorcycle or moped, I will just buy a motorcycle.

Last edited:
I haven't had in problems yet, and I ride in Atlanta, what about you?
Another Tech guy! I'm a semester away from finishing my undergrad right now, I'm surprised I havent seen your bike around if you take it too or from school.

Good to see some other GA guys in here, as I've researched everything about building one except for the legality of actually running one. Any of you guys down for a meet and greet? Maybe meet up at the Vortex in Little 5 and park your MBs next to all the guys with old choppers and Harleys? I'd love to check out some of the setups before diving into my own project.

Back