Get a brand new kit or buy some parts?

SEGACDX

Local time
1:31 PM
So a about a year ago I got a not so great GT5 from Gasbike for 130 US now the same kit is 173 US.

It ran fine for a while but it always needed way to much adjustment just to keep running.

So I have an option here Get a new kit or buy some clutch pads and a gasket set.

One thing I hated is the god dam bolts always strip and are a pain to replace around where I live I could not hunt any good ones down.

So what do you guys think? Here is the kit I am considering; looks like it has much better bolts.

http://bestbikeenginekits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1

http://bestbikeenginekits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=40

I also want to add on the 1 Gal Tank and Expansion muffler.

The Second link has a bit more info on the kits.

I would appreciate some feed back on it.

not enough info

a couple pounds of metric bolts is pretty cheap on the inet

clutch pads are cheap on the inet

a gasket set suggests something other than bolts has gone bad

not enough info

a couple pounds of metric bolts is pretty cheap on the inet

clutch pads are cheap on the inet

a gasket set suggests something other than bolts has gone bad

What I am saying is that I have worn is down over a year and I could get a newer better kit or buy some parts and use it for a bit longer.

My reasoning is the parts I need are around 50 bucks but why do that when I can get a whole new kit and have a new everything.

Since I have learned a lot about these little motors this year I would be less likely to make the same mistakes and break things.

What I really need is you opinion on this kit and some advice.

Get a new engine, not the whole kit, for less than $100. Be sure to get the same size engine, as some have 8mm head studs, and some have 6mm, then repair your old engine at your convienence. That way, if you have a major breakdown, simple engine swap.

Get a new engine, not the whole kit, for less than $100. Be sure to get the same size engine, as some have 8mm head studs, and some have 6mm, then repair your old engine at your convienence. That way, if you have a major breakdown, simple engine swap.

Yea that's a good Idea; the only reason I want to get a kit is so I have extra parts to swap if I need them and I know I will at some point the way these things go.

gasbike.net has an unassembled box of engine parts for $99 delivered, I bought a couple of them, they are Yuan Dong factory (Skyhawk) parts.
I built one out, the other is a cheap box of every part in a Skyhawk.

gasbike.net has an unassembled box of engine parts for $99 delivered, I bought a couple of them, they are Yuan Dong factory (Skyhawk) parts.
I built one out, the other is a cheap box of every part in a Skyhawk.

Also a very sounds option, I bet they still use those terrible bolts though.

Would you happen you know the sizes of all the bolts so I can slowly replace them?

If it comes down to it I could always just build mine from the ground up.

On the other hand it could be really useful as a bunch of spare parts.

The decisions are real.

Also a very sounds option, I bet they still use those terrible bolts though.
Would you happen you know the sizes of all the bolts so I can slowly replace them?
SickBikeParts has replacement hardware grade 5 or better for $10.
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalo...ducts_id=43&osCsid=js1f6dgb1amhvanieu0pqlknb4

If it comes down to it I could always just build mine from the ground up.
On the other hand it could be really useful as a bunch of spare parts.

The decisions are real.
The only tricky part is pressing the bearings in the case halves and getting the shafts aligned right before you bolt the case closed.

Back