Gettin' Me An Unsold 2006 Whizzer NE5!

Hal the Elder

Local time
4:50 PM
Hello...

I'm buying that Brand-New Blue 2006 Whizzer NE5 on Nov 1st.

The dealer says it has 0.7 miles and comes with the 2006 owners manual and warranty, and I'll get it for $1150 plus tax and the one-time license, which comes to $1264.88 out the door.

The first thing I'll do is change the oil and order a pair of Mushroom Valve Lifters from Quenton.

Do you recommend Synthetic oil?

Thanks...
HAL

Last edited:
Congrats on the new whizzer you'll love it. I know I sure like mine after all the engine upgrades.

Attachments

• IMG_2926.jpg
    IMG_2926.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 336
Hey Je:

What sort of engine upgrades would I need?

I'll never take my bike on any highway...I'll be content to just stroke around my High Desert backroads and residential areas at no more than 30 MPH...probably more like 20-25, like I rode my previous large motorcycles since moving up to my semi-rural area 10 years ago.

I like to stay away from any kind of traffic, no matter how light!

However, I wouldn't mind making an exhaust modification for a more "gutsy" sound!

HAL

For starters shaved the head hotter spark plug and advanced the timming one notch.

Hello...

I'm buying that Brand-New Blue 2006 Whizzer NE5 on Nov 1st.

The dealer says it has 0.7 miles and comes with the 2006 owners manual and warranty, and I'll get it for $1150 plus tax and the one-time license, which comes to $1264.88 out the door.

The first thing I'll do is change the oil and order a pair of Mushroom Valve Lifters from Quenton.

Do you recommend Synthetic oil?

Thanks...
HAL

Congrats on the new Whizzer, and to answer the question regarding the oil, you want to use straight 40 weight. Don't use multi-viscosity oils (synthetics included) on the Whizzer engine, it would quickly vent out through the breather tube.

Back