Getting an M1 or M2 in CA

So don’t cry over spilt forms just dab some of your vagisil on it and be on your way.

fyi the test vehicle needs to be a motorcycle for you to get an m1 >=149cc there is no 49cc anywhere in the ca code. Easiest way to pass is in the msf course.
A 49cc "scooter" is a MOTOR DRIVEN CYCLE (Motorcycle <150cc so cant go on freeway. ) under CA law and can be used to take the M1 test.
A MOTOR DRIVEN CYCLE requires an M1.

There are many entrepreneurs renting out their small CVT "scooters" to take the M1 test.
Easiest way to pass is just ride around the circles and up and down a few times. lol

vagisil

fyi the test vehicle needs to be a motorcycle for you to get an m1 >=149cc
Motorcycle

A motorcycle is a motor vehicle that has a seat or saddle for the use of the rider, and is designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground per California Vehicle Code (CVC) 400 (a) and whose motor displaces more than 150 cubic centimeters (150cc).
  • Two-wheeled motorcycles require an M-1 endorsement.
  • Three-wheeled motorcycles or motorcycles with an attached sidecar require only a Class C driver license per CVC 12804.9.
  • A Department of Transportation (DOT) compliant helmet is required.
motorcycles.png

Motor-driven cycle

A motor-driven cycle is a motorcycle with a motor that displaces less than 150cc per CVC 405.
  • Two-wheeled motor-driven cycles require an M-1 endorsement.
  • Three-wheeled motor-driven cycles require a Class C driver license.
  • A DOT compliant helmet is required.

I want to do that. Dmv people are probably the rudest. They don’t care whether you fail or pass. I know all you need is a class c to drive them (scooters). You can try getting your permit then you can ride around on a cheap craigslist bike.

I want to do that. Dmv people are probably the rudest. They don’t care whether you fail or pass. I know all you need is a class c to drive them (scooters). You can try getting your permit then you can ride around on a cheap craigslist bike.
This thread is about CA law so you can not legally drive a scooter on a C.
and a scooter by definition in CA is a Go-Ped.

You could have always skipped the dmv and went to a motorcycle school.

This is honestly the best thing to do. Spend a couple hundred bucks that you would already have to spend on renting a scooter, to get a M1 license. The classes are fun and you might actually learn some important things about riding.

Back