Getting an M1 or M2 in CA

Have you tried running a 203 in the front? all you need is an adapter and the disc. On my next build i'm using a shimano disc and post mount adapter with a suntour front shock. Kinda overkill for a 49cc bike but it should work good. Was think of converting rear to use a 180mm disc if the caliper can bolt up. I've heard the shimano stainless discs and resin pads work perfect.
Sounds like a great safe functioning setup

Haha, man...I've been a pedalhead since the Atari 2600 was still a thing..and I still have never gone disc.

Did you know my white bike has 4 brakes? Yeah, my bike has drums and V-brakes front and rear!

Dual dual pulls. Because you never know when you have to be redundantly redundant like an Xzibit meme.

(my story and I'm sticking to it lol) Like having an M1 when you really just need an M2.

Get the M1.

Do not ask DMV employees about our bikes because they have no clue.
The DMV guy is wrong about above 50cc being a motorcycle.
The definition of a Motorized Bicycle/ Moped was 2 HP or less.
Now it is 4 HP or less. The damn license plate form says 4 HP now.

To get an M1 or M2 you have to pass the written test before you can take the driving test.
It is the same test for both.
You can not take the written test and the skills parking lot test on the same day.
You will get a M1 temp license after passing the written test whuch is good for one year
with the restriction of not driving at night or carrying a passenger.
You can not take the skills parking lot test on a motorized bike.
You need an insured plated Motorcyle or Motor driven cycle which includes 49 cc "scooters"
A scooter by definition in CA is a GoPed. lol which requires only a C license.
50cc bike is a motorcycle if it has no pedals and a gas engine.
Moped is the one which has pedals and a gas engine, or no pedals and electric motor. It should have no more than 4hp and should not exceed 30 mph, and should have no gears.

Back