Getting excited for snow!

Cylon

Local time
6:51 PM
Anyone have any tips on how to run these bikes in the snow? I don't really use them for everyday use just for fun I have a new car I go to work with. It would be cool to hear everyone's opinions on how to have a blast beating on these bikes in the snow. I'm in Maine so we might see it next month maybe if I get daring enough Ill take it out to a lake with studs and foam tubes instead of having to load the snowmobiles.

Please don't run the foam tubes, they will not stay on the rim, they don't make any pressure or expand or anything.

You really don't need foam tubes anyway. Studded tires work fine with standard tubes. You just might need to check tire pressure a little more often in the colder months.

i rode in snow/ice all last winter, the bike is my only legal means, right now.We get a lot of real cold whether and there is snow on the ground a lot, (east Montana)what i did was put my seat real low so i could keep feet on ground if/when needed, I only went down once , hit a patch of ice in corner.
all in all it isn't that bad with nobbie tires and being real slow & cautious , its faster than walking. It aint that fun when its -30 and there's wind though.....

Back