Getting legal on a MB in FL (Sarasota to be exact)

[/QUOTE]
Florida Legal as of 05/12/2014
http://www3.flhsmv.gov/dmv/Proc/RS/RS-68.pdf

Registration and Inspection Required

ive never witnessed before the level of pushback when given bad news as I have on this subject. I think it's clear that in florida,..***without a drivers licence***,...all further arguments about register-ability, and any other registration-related points, topics, opinions, definitions and requirements are rendered irrelevant.

..the ONLY reason I replied to this aged thread was because im moving there in may,...and now I know my gas MB isn't coming with me. (tear rolls down cheek)

..no cop in florida is going to back off giving you a unlicenced operator ticket because you produced 15 pages of internet articles and PDF's saying your gas MB isn't a moped. it IS a moped, and you KNOW it. you built a moped. wishful thinking, fancy footwork, relying on luck, clever conversation, and/or attempting to be a wannabe roadside attorney/wordsmith will NOT make him back down. it will enrage him. you're getting the ticket.

even YOU know,...deep down, that it IS a moped,..and should be rightfully viewed as a moped by everyone. cop, judge, district attorney, DMV bosses,...everyone. again,..you built yourself a moped.

that's just the way it is in florida. without a licence,..ditch the gas MB.

before you assemble the lynch mob,..remember that im speaking about whether, or not,. the operator possesses a valid florida drivers license. NOTHING MORE. no license,....no bueno.

Last edited:
It could be a valid DL from any state. Why not just get a moped DL like an M2 that they have in CA. If Fla has that. Lots of 16yo's get a M/C permit way before they start driving cars. M/C permit is only a written test to get.

yeap.

but im talking about adults who have had thier licence revoked,....who aren't going to be granted anything nationwide.

--the majority of adults who have to use a gas MB as their primary mode of transport,..have lost their license. some for forever

Last edited:
Go electric then you'll be safe, right? Carry a spare battery and nowadays with the lipo batts your good for a 100 miles or so. Expensive but it's a solution for a ride. Check out Juiced bikes, they come with a 52v 19ah batt for under 2 grand and it's a quality bike. Those bikes will do 35mph and are in the class 3 category. With a spare batt cruising at 20mph you'll get 100mi range easily.

Section 316.003(4), Florida Statues, defines bicycle as every vehicle propelled solely by human power, and every motorized bicycle propelled by a combination of human power and an electric helper motor capable of propelling the vehicle at a speed of not more than 20 miles per hour on level ground upon which any person may ride, having two tandem wheels, and including any device generally recognized as a bicycle though equipped with two front or two rear wheels. The term does not include such a vehicle with a seat height of no more than 25 inches from the ground when the seat is adjusted to its highest position or a scooter or similar device. No person under the age of 16 may operate or ride upon a motorized bicycle.

Go electric then you'll be safe, right? Carry a spare battery and nowadays with the lipo batts your good for a 100 miles or so. Expensive but it's a solution for a ride. Check out Juiced bikes, they come with a 52v 19ah batt for under 2 grand and it's a quality bike. Those bikes will do 35mph and are in the class 3 category. With a spare batt cruising at 20mph you'll get 100mi range easily.

exactomundo.

Back