Getting my first Zeda kit soon seeking advice

don't worry too much about the stall until you have some miles on it - it might even be one of the 15 clutch pads a bit large that is dragging until it wears down a bit

you.ve got the hard part done, enjoy and have patience

What's a good racing carburetor for these engines? Been thinking of getting a good high performance carburetor for my bike. Looked at a few but what is the one that makes the most difference & is the most dependable? I'm looking to spend $30 to $40 on a high performance carburetor.

I've never seen one that was worth anything when on a standard motor - I have a box out back with different kinds and a sign "free take one" for folks that really want to spend a few weeks learning to tune a carb. I like the original NT clone that has the chinese chars on the slide tube, never had to adjust or change jets in one of those.

What's a good racing carburetor for these engines? Been thinking of getting a good high performance carburetor for my bike. Looked at a few but what is the one that makes the most difference & is the most dependable? I'm looking to spend $30 to $40 on a high performance carburetor.
none of them are worth getting if you haven't ported your motor and gotten a good expansion chamber first.

My rear wheel came apart today. Not bad enough to cause me to crash thank god. Ended up having to walk it back though. Good thing I was only a block or so away from home when it happened. Some of the hub internals seem to be good so at least I can salvage some parts from it.

Now I'm in the market for a new 26 single speed rear wheel. Been thinking of getting one that can fit a disk brake sprocket if such a wheel exists in a single speed so I have a proper reliable rear drive that doesn't mess up spokes or anything. I was also eyeing some options Bicycle-Engines had like the HD rear wheel with the built in sprocket but it is pretty pricey. My dilemma with that wheel is I'm not sure if there is a 36 tooth drive sprocket available for it. What is a good rear wheel that can handle a 2 stroke direct drive?

Oh yeah, did we mention ya gotta keep an eye on that back wheel?
The engine puts a lot of torque on the spokes. They need to be aligned and tensioned often.
Also the bearings need to be greased frequently too.

The engine puts a lot of torque on the spokes. They need to be aligned and tensioned often.

I suppose it was also the hub adapter setup I was using. I have the $25 adapter that is 3 parts conected to the hub via hose clamp & I was using metal 1 inch collars to do away with the rag joints & provide some adjustment to the left for the sprocket to allow the chain to line up with the motor. I also tried using locktite on the hub itself as someone on Amazon sugested to prevent the adapter from slipping into
the spokes but I guess it just made the hub more slippery because I used cheap locktite that seemed like a watered down version of the good locktite. So I will be getting a new wheel & a better sprocket adapter or splurge a little on Bicycle-Engines HD rear wheel & find a 36 tooth sprocket that can fit it.

Why I went with the grubee HD axle, it uses sealed bearings that can be replaced with automotive bearings when the time arises, it also uses a threaded flange for the sprocket so you aren't mounting directly to the spokes.

Why I went with the grubee HD axle, it uses sealed bearings that can be replaced with automotive bearings when the time arises, it also uses a threaded flange for the sprocket so you aren't mounting directly to the spokes.

I was trying to find a dealer that sold those HD hubs but nobody seems to sell the good one. Just cheap knockoffs with a badly
made drum brake built in. Was considering mag wheels or a good rear disk brake wheel & a disk brake mounted sprocket so it takes mounting a sprocket through the spokes out of the equation completely & provides a setup that wont keep slipping like my sprocket adapter was doing. Would need to convert my coaster brake to a V brake & convert my front wheel to accept a disk brake or get another V brake for the front to match the rear.

I would likely have to widen my rear stays from 135mm to 150mm to accept a rear disk brake wheel because they usually have a cassette mount. Would there be a way to remove the cassette mount so I wouldn't need to widen my rear stays or is it 150mm wide even if I removed the cassette mount? Would be nice if I didn't have widen my rear stays to as it is kind of a b**ch from what I'm told & the tool to do it looks expensive. Also bending the rear stays apart could compromise frame strength integrity.

Grubee sells a 51mm hd axle as well for use on 135mm frames. You might be able to even run the 61mm hd axle hub on your 135mm frame. I know i had to use spacers to make up the difference on my 150mm frame.

Back