Getting run off the road

Limobilly

I've been run off the road twice now in the last few years keeping over close to the shoulder to alow cars to get by where most drivers will move a bit over to be save, both my hit and run drivers didn't think I had the right I can only guess, and ran me off in to the curb where I crashed once and the other time where I was able to save it after causing a bad wobble, and pulled back on to the road again..
Slammed on his brakes to cause me to crash in to his suv hard enuff to not only dent the rear but total my bike myself, and any faith in the CCPD
as they wouldn't investigate the drivers actions even after several witnesses had chased the guy down and held him for the cops and I to blame or legally charge
Anyone else had anything like that happen?

Arty

I've only been forced to the side of the road once, by a guy in an old pick-up. I chased him across the street and invited him to share a few knuckle sandwiches, but he didn't have the guts and went away.

The_Aleman

Been real close many times over the last 30 years, but I've only got "run off the road" once. Happened about 4 years ago, I was on an early Sunday ride around 5am and a car come up behind me and the passenger clubbed me with what I think was a baseball bat. As I heard young people laughing and a car zoom off, I went into a ditch, flying off my bike through a bush into a barbed-wire fence. I got banged up a bit, bike was okay after I pulled it out of the bush. I re-installed a rear-view mirror after that. I figured I'd at least have a chance to ID the vehicle if it happened again.

Frogslayer

That's why your not supposed to ride your bicycle on a 65mph highway. Natural selection really.

Sumsloppymeet

Yea even wearing helmet and everything i stay off-roading and sidewalking as much as possible really enless its late at night and i can see there no cars for miles then i might find myself in the fast lane for a few trying to hear her rev out i even raced a friend the other day and stomped his mini coop in a like 3/4 mile stretch the other night he said i was doing over 60 on his speedo down a rough ass sidewalk too lol im surprised i havent cracked this frame yet

inspectorcritic

Y
Been real close many times over the last 30 years, but I've only got "run off the road" once. Happened about 4 years ago, I was on an early Sunday ride around 5am and a car come up behind me and the passenger clubbed me with what I think was a baseball bat. As I heard young people laughing and a car zoom off, I went into a ditch, flying off my bike through a bush into a barbed-wire fence. I got banged up a bit, bike was okay after I pulled it out of the bush. I re-installed a rear-view mirror after that. I figured I'd at least have a chance to ID the vehicle if it happened again.
Yaw Hans, good mirror will help in fact 2 mirrors are more bitter than one for those right handed on ramps.
If you really want a good scare try riding on a narrow shoulder one you can't avoid against the traffic see how many cars don't give a damn won't budge your only confident because you trust them with your life turn your back on them!

The_Aleman

I've been riding 2-lane backroads most my life, it's a lot safer than the 2-lane highways near me, and not much traffic.

No matter what, riding these is dangerous tho, and there's a lot of pricks behind the wheel of cages.

Limobilly

That's why your not supposed to ride your bicycle on a 65mph highway. Natural selection really.
These both were on city streets , where by law you on a bicycle even a peddle power rider not unlike u
And staying to the side when there's a small shoulder, I only doing 35 at the limit 40 just to be a kind driver and other caring drivers, who see your as a nice guy for that effort to have some in a real race to be? Also give u wider path encroaching by moving in the line
That devide the other lane of same moving cars But if my first time wasn't bad unuff beak check by him on purpose . But the last was a high school kid with a brand new license he appearing to believe also including a 007 waver that also mentions not only did the driver lic mean he was a save operate of a road worthy verified .. But was also a James Bond lic to kill..
Because driving same as I mention I was in the first, he as I've encountered with lots of jerks who in a big race to get what his rights as a lic operator not a privalage and tested on the rules of the roads and safety with judgment or what's the other drivers right of way or your expected to yielding of his rd ya da this dictate of his punk opinion of what a lic alowed him to desire,take when, he felt the right to with say a newer car to also take what he need not a responsible privalage to be respectively alow fellow motorist to be given a asuance that you don't take encroaching risk from them, and give wider berth if thay are into your lane or out a tad boundrey of lines to aval the room of the pathway they should be expect to navigate so not indanger you or safe intervals of pathway to alow interval and a as even being an asswhole to giving as wide passage to a mistake or unknown of another driver no matter how the rule wasn't to go as wide, or close or by thinking to be a real winner in thinking he was alowed to assume what others when on restricted road are not lawfully cap to be or alowed as to endanger travel of trucks under powered vesicles or idiots who shouldn't sitting in judge of what others may be, or not allowed to be traveling in the way they find they deem knowable of teaching them what was wrong, or unsafe.. Endangered an situation to be operating in a matter a anothers safety or not capable or as you sir.. To determine without any training of the experts of limitations allocated whether capacity, let alone what you thought may have caused a ocuurance of actions without know algae at any level what may be funny way to imagin how acts may have cause an occrence, to endanger in a harmful or make speculation, in the damaging of property or expectoral as to cause, let lone as I'm sure your must be qualification, and the theory of injury of any human wildlife or duh anadimet objector of an act acted by speculum of a comical ability in acts that feels as might with any unrealized tangible skill buy misinformation that wasn't of by any means but thought by his own speculate opinion that not trying to imagin what may been the fault or why an trilingual orated why unfortunately causing damage, and or serious injury to his own intelagance let lone in the finding tragedy could unthought any stagnant possible taking artistic unwarranted enterprise buy from any unknown to having factual nor experience to proibiablity of an expense or at least an actual shame by attempt to minimalist acts of others unfounded disability to have proper determine certificate alowmentationy or an determine if against how that unsentimental nor eceptabily, of social entrench rifle into
Regeneration that expectations thru a talent belief that relation, nor study may give rights that could determine humor retardation reactor cinque by Qaraghandy asinine saliouse being causing legality necrotic action derived intuit from these unexpected idiotic deity to insensitive clairafacual anger delicacy and toalty an infathtomal into purity nor imposes ion empathy
Reared subjective incriminating iburtal
therefore heldin what detest influx as unjustness majority felicat datum tru ethic stander menicablys Xperia thesis
Stoical redactabily nolafut inthisthory of the states detematate foloyduym as unexpected lic to bite one's own ass