Getting started in Green Bay

Uckstain

Local time
7:04 PM
Hello all!

After a few weeks of reading posts as a guest I have created my own account. So here is a little about myself...I am 36 years old and live in Green Bay WI where I work as an Engineering Manager. I like to take on projects to keep me busy, for example last year I designed and built (by myself) an outdoor kitchen that includes a wood fired pizza oven.

Now with a push from my environmentally concious better half I am looking at putting together a motorized bicycle for a project this spring. Based on what I have read so far I want to go with a 4-stroke Honda engine with the GruBee kit. As for the bike I as still looking to determine what will fit the 4-stroke engine but still provide a cool look.

I have to say this will be my first bike project but not my last as my crystal ball tells me the girlfriend will be riding this one once she sees it so I will have to make a second for myself.

I look forward to getting, and hopefully giving, advice and recommendations once I get into my project.

Regards,
Stain

Welcome to MBc. I think there are a few 4-strokes in the Picture Gallery now.

Stain in Green Bay

Stain
I'm in Manitowoc!
Welcome to the wonderful world of motorized bikes. Be careful because they are very addicting. I got into the Hobby looking for a Motor Bike from the 50's called the Monark Super Twin.(My Dad had one when he was 15) I found one after a couple years looking piece by piece.
Since then I realized they made all kinds of motor bikes and wanted some of the
cool ones to try out.
Your on the right track looking at the Honda Clone motor bike kit in any configuration. The guys in this group are very enthusiastic with out a doubt. Which is good for the hobby. Some are in it for daily transportation as well.

I have vintage motor bikes but last season I drove around are a LaFree Electric
Bike a Dimension Edge on a Mountain Bike and a Vintage CycleMaster. This year
I will be Riding the New Whizzer Ambassador that just came out.I'm in the process of getting my hands on at least 2 Check them out
on the Whizzer motor bike website. www.whizzermotorbike.com

Roy

Back