getting stoked

S

sojudave

I'm getting a work bonus this week and that's when I'll order my kit. Really stoked. I found a non-Canada guy on ebay that sells 70cc kits with a pull start which is what I'm looking for. Also gonna really start looking for a vintage gas tank. Hopefully it'll be an old sporty tank but anything cool and old will work. Talk to you guys later

dave

you did your homework & i'm glad it came together for ya :)

i've been wanting a look at the pull-start...any pics or posts you have time to contribute during the build would be right on 8)

I plan to be thorough this time around. I've got my bike broke down to the frame and will be stripping it a spray bombing the frame and forks. Thinking of using rubberized undercoating.... that should hold up. lol. I want to take detailed pics of the build and maybe some video....but pics are for sure.

later

dave

I installed the pull starter today. Purty cool. I had orginally ordered it with the engine from Live fast motors....but it did not ship. I called the dude last week and before I left for vacation it was here. Since I'm using the pull start and no pedals.... yeah it's technically a scooter, I won't need the clutch. Cool one less cable.

BTW if you aren't getting any spark at the plug or power anywhere, you might want to check and see if the wires are soldered to the coil. I found that, when I was intsalling the starter, the terminal my blue wire was soldered to was broken so the wire was hanging down. I had to strip the wire and resolder it.

1670_bike1_1.jpg

frame and wheels.

1670_bike2_1.jpg

crank spacer

1670_bike4_1.jpg

new pegs

wow you really have broken it down - I just ripped my front derraileur off my commuter bike, slapped my engine on and hoped for the best!

Yeah, I guess I did. I've had a couple of motorcycle projects in the past that ended up looking like hell, so I figured I'd start my bike from the ground up. Plus it has really impressed my wife, which is good because when saw the bike broke down, she rolled her eyes and asked me why I "can't leave s**t alone?".

Back