Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
9:18 PM
Screenshot from 2021-09-22 12-44-28.png

Address: 4149 3rd Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90008, US
Phone / Text: (323) 359-9680

Products: Custom Motorized Bicycle Builds, In Frame Tanks, Seat Post Tanks, Sealed Tank Frames, Laid Back Seat Post Tank, Gas Tank Seats, 2 Stroke Motor Mounts, 4 Stroke Motor Mounts, Dual Disc Front Hub, 4 Stroke Rear Hub, Custom Exhausts, 212 Predator Head Upgrade, 4 Stroke Clutch Cover, Weld On Bung

Last edited:
It looks like the ghettobike.com domain just expired on 10th May 2020 according to a whois lookup.

Zean, It means he didn't pay his domain name bill. If you don't pay or renew it = You lose the name

Last edited by a moderator:
That's right the owner of ghettobike.com didn't pay to renew the domain name. So the website basically goes offline. If the website is offline it also means that they will no longer receive emails either, since their email address is office@ghettobike.com which is related to the domain name.

Even so the domain name has now expired, it can still be renewed by the owner so it hasn't been totally lost by ghettobikes just yet - it can still be renewed if the owner logs in and renews it even up to 2 1/2 months after it expired.

Here's a nice picture that explains what happens after a domain expires:
domain renewal grade period.jpg

I've sent them a message on their facebook page, so hopefully they can update us with what is going on with their website.

This is my opinion/review of ghetto bike, i can see that most have had a great experience with them, they do manufacture top notch quality stuff, and by that truly unique product. On July 30th, I placed an order for the basic mounting kit for my 212 predator. I'm not sure who i spoke to but that person seems legit, asked what frame I had, told him it was for my micargi Seattle frame. The kit cost $259, I was charged $300 + 20 for shipping, he said he needed to make an extra cut that's why it's $300. Me needing that mount, agreed and shortly after received an invoice through PayPal. I asked how long it would be, he said 3 weeks. At first, I kept in touch via text, and would ask for updates on the mount, his first reply was "ok" and that was that. End of August, I'm starting to get worried, phone calls were not answered, texting i has better luck, 1st week of September, he finally replied asking for my address, so i gave him the information he had asked for. Mid September, once again i texted asking for the status of my order, he replied asking for my address, once again i replied with the information he needed. September 24, i called and he finally answered, once again i asked for the status of my order, he said, "oh yeah for the Seattle frame? Right?". So what's going on with mount kit? I asked. " sorry bro, i got sidetrack but next week I'll be shipping your order, by Wednesday for sure". I texted once again, and he needed my address and wanted me to put Seattle frame below it.
Ghetto bike, sir $320 might be chump change to you but to me, that's almost a full week worth of work. I'm a pretty reasonable man, I'm also a man of my word. You can asked anyone that's ever cross paths with me, they will tell you without having to think about they will say, that without hesitation, I'll take the shirt off my back if you're cold, I'll give you my very last dollar for my meal, if i see you are hungry, even if it means I skip my meal. You see, i try to be understanding but you haven't given me anything for me to understand. If you had gotten sidetracked, that's all you've got to say. So, sir, either refund my money or kindly send what I've ordered.
My regards to you sir,

Jeff #. M#$@&@
00 south 0000east
Utah

Seattle frame
Basic motor mount for
212cc predator hemi engine

Jeff, don't wait any longer get a hold of paypal and your cc co and dispute the bill. Have all your ducks in a row including emails as proof. $320.00 is a lot of money to 99% of us.

At least their website is back online again. But yeah that's good advice from @darwin, if they don't send your order I would be looking into the refund process. Good luck @Jeffrox and let us know how it all turns out for you.

Jeff, don't wait any longer get a hold of paypal and your cc co and dispute the bill. Have all your ducks in a row including emails as proof. $320.00 is a lot of money to 99% of us.
I $$ t h stand how this person is still able to do business, I'd hate to assume but come on now, why do we need to go to extreme just for this person to think about maybe start building a product he offers to make. I've contacted paypal, he's got until the 10th and if still no words, paypal will escalate my claim.
I really wish consumers has more outlet, to deal with scam artist such as ghetto bike in a quick manner.

Ghettobike is a one man operation. He makes high quality high end parts for our bikes. Every order is custom made as the orders are placed. Because he doesn't make junk he is very busy. He also contracted covid earlier this year so orders were over a month behind after that. Every email,phone call or txt takes him away from making your parts. Quality doesn't come quickly. Yes he could have better customer service but he's more focused on making your parts and getting them out the door. I guarantee if your patient you'll be impressed with the products you recieve.

Does anyone know what's going on with ghettobike? I ordered some parts back in September of 2020, I've tried to contact them a few times as I'm starting to get worried I might not receive the parts I ordered, almost $700 worth of parts that I saved up for over a few weeks, I'm still being patient and hopeful that I'll still get my parts as I understand it takes time to manufacture the items by one's self

Does anyone know what's going on with ghettobike? I ordered some parts back in September of 2020, I've tried to contact them a few times as I'm starting to get worried I might not receive the parts I ordered, almost $700 worth of parts that I saved up for over a few weeks, I'm still being patient and hopeful that I'll still get my parts as I understand it takes time to manufacture the items by one's self
My opinion of James at ghettobike has drastically changed since dealing with the lying sack of s**t. I ordered a set of wheels at the end of October of last year. Because I live in Canada I called James before ordering to make sure that he would ship to Canada and he answered his phone right away and gave me all the answers I was looking for. I didn't bug him til January to see how progress was going and didn't get any response from him. Finally in February I got a hold of him and he tells me that my wheels are finished and that I need to pay extra shipping to have them sent to Canada. For over 3 weeks I had to chase him for how much the extra shipping was. I immediately paid the extra shipping and for another 2 weeks had to chase him for the tracking number. You can call text him or email him and he doesn't respond. I got so tired of chasing him I ended up filing a claim with PayPal. Within 8 hrs of filing a claim I got my tracking info. I paid for 3 day expedited shipping but James didn't send a commercial invoice with my shipment so when it got to the border it was returned to sender. He also forgot to put all the parts in the same box and sent 2 boxes the second time with the same commercial invoice on each box the second time. Ups then charged me twice for duty and taxes. When I asked James for a copy of the shipping invoice so I could get my duty and taxes back from ups he said he would just refund the shipping cost for me. He has told me this 4 times now and I still don't have a refund. My wheels showed up 2 weeks ago and both wheels need to be trued as they both have quite the wobble in them. 5 months, over 1000 Canadian dollars and lots of hassles to get a set of bent wheels. There is another vendor for quality hubs for our bikes now and he keeps them in stocks and ships the next day.

If you haven't filed a PayPal claim ID do it now before you're out your money.
I will never ever give ghettobike my business ever again.

Back